There are at least six bands/artists named Jack.
1. The most popular Jack at the moment is a Dutch rapper based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, who released the albums 'Plan A' and 'Plan A Deluxe' in 2019 and 'Traplove' in 2020.
2. Jack is a grindcore / crust band from Hungary. http://jackgrindpunk.bandcamp.com/
3. Formed in Cardiff, Wales in 1992, the band Jack is based around the songwriting partnership of Anthony Reynolds and guitarist Matthew Scott, both of whom had relocated to London by the end of 1993. By the end of 1995, Jack was a six piece, signed to Too Pure/Beggars Banquet records in the United Kingdom. Jack's debut album, Pioneer Soundtracks was released to worldwide critical acclaim in the summer of 1996. Despite excellent press and considerable successful touring both in Europe and the UK, the four initial singles released from the album, ‘Kid Stardust’ (a tribute to Charles Bukowski), ‘Wintercomessummer’, White jazz’, and ‘Biography of a first son’, failed to pick up any serious airplay and as a result sales were modest.
In early 1997 Anthony formed a side project under the name of Jacques, but by the autumn of 1997 Jack recorded their second album The Jazz Age, which was released in the late summer of 1998. Despite excellent reviews and further European touring, the two singles from the album, ‘Lolita Elle’ and ‘Steamin’ received little airplay and sales were once again disappointing.
By 1999 a demo'd third album, 'An anatomy of melancholy' had been abandoned, Jack had departed Too Pure and both rhythm guitarist Richard Adderley and violinist Ruth Gottlieb had left the band. Jack recorded a five track EP for Acuarela records. La Belle et la Discotheque was produced by former Cocteau Twins bassist, Simon Raymonde. Most of the core members of Jack (bassist Colin Williams, keyboardist George Wright and drummer Patrick Pulzer) left the band. Jack (now just Matthew and Anthony) continued as a duo. 1999 ended with another Jacques EP release: 'Faster Than Beauty'.
'La Belle et la Discotheque' was released in early 2000 with little promotion, although its two lead tracks, 'Sometimes' and 'Disco-Cafe-Society' were playlisted on Spanish national radio.
By the spring of 2001 Jack had a new record deal with French/Belgium label, 'Les discques du crepuscule'. While Matthew set up a studio in London, Anthony travelled to the U.S. Spending time in New York and in L.A. where Anthony recorded friend Dan Fante (son of John) for a forthcoming Jack song 'The Emperor of new London'. The final Jack album was recorded in London that year.
In 2001 a Jacques EP Romantic was released on Acuarela and Anthony once again visited Paris to record the song ‘Summercries’ with Franck Roussel and the Moscow Philharmonic orchestra. By the spring of 2002 Anthony had signed to Rykomusic music publishing and released a book of prose, short stories and lyrics: 'These roses taste like ashes'.
A final Jack album The End of the Way It's Always Been was released that April and Jack were once again touring throughout the UK and Europe. The final live line up included many of the musicians who had played on the album: Paul Cook (Drums), Fiona Brice (Violin), Julian Simmons (keys), Simon Phipps (Guitar), Joe Jardine (Bass).
A final Jacques EP Roses for ashes was released in late summer. A deluxe, redux 2CD edition of 'Pioneer Soundtracks' was released by Spinney Records in March 2007.
4. JACK is an alternative rock 'n roll band based in Wichita, KS. With a sound that combines elements from numerous genres of music. Their EP, "Nothing in the World", was released in 2009.
5. Jack is an artist from New Zealand who sometimes makes songs in FL Studio in his spare time, recording songs such as 'Shine', 'Platypus Dance' and 'Dawn'. He is also a member of The Destiny Duo.
6. Jack is a Japanese singer from Nico Nico Douga, a Japanese videosite, and makes covers of several vocaloid songs.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.