3 October 1959 (age 61)
Washington, Franklin County, Missouri, United States
Jack Wagner (born October 3, 1959 in Washington, Missouri) is an Emmy Award-nominated American actor.
Wagner most famous role has been Frisco Jones on the soap opera General Hospital (1983-1988, 1989-1991, 1994, 1995). He was half of a very popular supercouple with Kristina Wagner's Felicia and played the father of Georgie and Maxie Jones. He also played Warren Lockridge on Santa Barbara from 1991 to 1993.
He appeared for many years on the nighttime soap Melrose Place as Dr. Peter Burns (1994-1999), and directed episodes as well. Since early 2003 he has played Dominick Marone on the CBS daytime soap The Bold and the Beautiful. He also appeared in the NBC TV series Titans with Yasmine Bleeth in 2000.
Wagner hosted two editions of the Miss Universe Pageant: in Honololu, Hawaii in 1998; and in Trinidad and Tobago in 1999.
From January 2000 until June 2000, Jack Wagner made his Broadway debut as the title roles in the smash-hit musical Jekyll & HYDE. He would be replaced by rock star Sebestian Bach and then world superstar David Hasselhoff, who would record the performance for DVD. Wagner got to sing one of Broadway's most popular showtunes, "This is the Moment" in the role.
In 1985, Wagner was nominated for a Daytime Emmy Award for "Outstanding Juvenile Male" for his work on General Hospital, but lost to Brian Bloom from As the World Turns. He was nominated again in 2005 for "Outstanding Lead Actor" for The Bold and the Beautiful, but lost to Christian LeBlanc from The Young and the Restless.
He has recorded five albums and had a top 40 hit "All I Need" that reached #2 on the Billboard Pop chart in 1985.
His albums include:
* ALL I NEED (Fall, 1984)
* LIGHTING UP THE NIGHT (Fall, 1985)
* DON'T GIVE UP YOUR DAY JOB (April, 1987)
* ALONE IN THE CROWD (1993)
* DANCING IN THE MOONLIGHT (2005)
He has had the following Hot 100 singles:
All I Need #2 US (2 weeks) - Jan 12, 1985 (#1 AC - 2 weeks)
Lady of My Heart #76 US - Jun 15, 1985
Too Young #52 US - Dec 7, 1985
Weatherman Says #67 US - May 30, 1987
He was married to soap opera actress Kristina Malandro Wagner, who played opposite him on General Hospital as his love interest Felicia Cummings. The couple has been plagued by marital troubles; they have filed for divorce twice, most recently in 2005. His divorce to Kristina was finalized in 2006. The Wagners have two sons, Peter (September 4, 1990) and Harrison (December 1, 1994). He is now dating Heather Locklear who filed for divorce from Richie Sambora in Feb. 2006.
* His on-screen mother on The Bold and the Beautiful is only 5 years older than he is in real life.
* He appeared as Tony in the touring company of West Side Story in 1987.
* Portrayed Dr. Jekyll/Hyde in a run of the musical Jekyll & Hyde.
* Jack won the 2006 American Century Celebrity Golf Championship and is arguably considered the best natural player amongst Hollywood golfers. His wife Kristina and their children were there to support him when he was presented his award.
* He was on Wheel of Fortune where he was part of the large one day winning team, getting $142,550 in cash and prizes which was donated to charity.
* Jack also has a new album out called Dancing in the Moonlight. The title track is a cover of the popular King Harvest tune.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.