2011 – present (11 years)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Aaron Marshall (2011 – present)
- Anup Sastry (2011 – present)
- Lukas Guyader (2011 – present)
- Matt De Luca (2011 – 2012)
- Mike Semesky (2011 – 2012)
1) Intervals are a Canadian/American progressive metal band. Intervals originally started as a creative outlet for guitarist Aaron Marshall in 2011 after the demise of his previous band; he wrote, recorded and programmed all the instruments for the debut EP "The Space Between".
After the release of "The Space Between", Aaron recruited 3 more members and made Intervals into an instrumental band. The band toured extensively and recorded a follow up EP, "In Time", in 2012.
In 2013, Intervals announced that they would now no longer be an instrumental band; their bassist Mike Semesky would switch to being the band's vocalist. Their debut album and first release with vocals, "A Voice Within", was released in 2013. On November 25, 2014, it was announced that Mike Semesky had left the band. An instrumental version of A Voice Within was released on Bandcamp on March 3, 2015.
On June 23, 2015, Lukas (guitar) and Anup (drums) announced on Facebook that they are no longer a part of Intervals. This separation was caused by different expectations about the future of Intervals. At this point Aaron was the only member of the band, but the next album featured Cameron McLellan (Protest The Hero) on bass guitar, and Travis Orbin (Darkest Hour, Periphery, Sky Eats Airplane) on drums. The instrumental album 'The Shape of Colour' has been released December 4, 2015. Since then, they have released 'The Way Forward' on December 1, 2017 and 'Circadian' on November 13, 2020, all instrumental.
2) Intervals were an alternative band from Glasgow, Scotland.
Their debut EP "Wipe Your Tapes With Lightning" was released in 2008 and featured 5 instrumental tracks in varied styles of post-rock, whilst working from folk, ambient noise, rock and drone.
Intervals have not performed live since 2009 and have not released any music since their debut EP.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.