Ingrid is a name of at least five acts:
1. An American rapper from the Third Ward in Houstin, TX, signed to Beyoncé's label Parkwood Entertainment.
2. An indie pop singer from Norway
3. A hardcore duo from District of Columbia, United States
4. A dance-pop singer from Italy
5. A pop singer from France
3) A hardcore duo from DC with two former members of Mass Movement of the Moth.
4) Named after the famous film star, Ingrid Bergman. Her parents ran a cinema (and still do) and Ingrid grew up watching movies which she says were a major influence on her decision to become a singer. Films sparked her imagination and fuelled her ambition to communicate strong emotions to as many people as possible. She started acting, painting and singing, soon to discover that for her music was the most powerful form of expression. She began singing locally in her native Northern Italy and soon got a reputation for her great stage presence and the energy and colour of her voice. The internationally renowned record producers Larry Pignagnoli and Marco Soncini invited her to sing on a couple of ideas they were working on in the studio. She laid down the vocals of “Tu Es Foutu” in one go and the song came to life. As a famous DJ put it, this must be the sexiest voice to come out of the Italian dance scene in the last ten years.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.