There is more than one artist with this name:
(1) GUM is the solo project of multi-instrumentalist Tame Impala member, Jay Watson.
His albums, in order of release: Delorean Highway (2014), Glamorous Damage (2015), Flash in the Pan (2016), and The Underdog (2018).
(2) Gum are a London based, four piece musical pop group. Gum were born on Thursday 15th September 2011 and are not dead yet.
(3) Back in the late '80s, Melbourne's Andrew Curtis and Philip Samartzis collaborated in the aurally volatile project simply called Gum. With little expertise or training, the two gathered up what objects they were familiar with, in particular thrift store turntables and soiled records. Eschewing their original attraction to the giants of Industrial Culture, Gum quickly developed an aesthetic privileging the caustic rupture of skipping records and smoldering surface noise, predating the current avant-turntablist aficionados like Philip Jeck, Janek Schaefer, and Otomo Yoshihide. With the publication of Gum's Vinyl Anthology, 23five, Inc uncovers the bulk of Gum's work, including all of the material from their self-published albums Vinyl and 20 Years in Blue Movies and Yet to Fake an Orgasm as well as several infamous compilation tracks and plenty of unreleased material.
(4) Gum is an indie rock band from CT/NY.
(5) Gum is the doom/sludge metal band from Italy.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.