Miss Anthropocene is the fifth studio album by Canadian musician Grimes, released on February 21, 2020.
It was officially announced on March 19, 2019. The album’s name is a pun on the feminine title “Miss”, and the words “misanthrope” and “Anthropocene”, a neologism popularized in the year 2000 by Paul J. Crutzen that was proposed to denote the current geological age the Earth is in. The album is a loose concept album about an “anthropomorphic goddess of climate change” inspired by Roman mythology and villainy.
Miss Anthropocene is Grimes’ final album on record label 4AD, to which she has been signed since 2012. Sonically, the album is darker in style than Grimes’ 2015 album Art Angels, and contains inspiration from the sounds of nu metal and ethereal wave.
- 01. So Heavy I Fell Through the Earth - art mix
- 02. Darkseid
- 03. Delete Forever
- 04. Violence - original mix
- 05. 4ÆM
- 06. New Gods
- 07. My Name is Dark - art mix
- 08. You'll miss me when I'm not around
- 09. Before the fever
- 10. IDORU
- 11. We Appreciate Power (feat. HANA)
- 12. So Heavy I Fell Through the Earth - algorithm mix
- 13. Violence - club mix
- 14. My Name is Dark - algorithm mix
- 15. IDORU - algorithm mix
Algorithm mixes were designed for vinyl releases, and they are shorter versions of art mixes.
Album descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.