10 July 1962 (age 55)
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Grant Kirkhope (born July 10, 1962) is a British video game music composer and audio director. He was employed by Rare in October 1995 and has written soundtracks for numerous of their games, such as Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark. After nearly 13 years in service for the company, he resigned from Rare on July 18, 2008 and moved to the US. Taking the next step towards his desired profession, Kirkhope joined Big Huge Games on July 30, the same year, where he worked as the team's audio director until the studio was put defunct 2012.
His career as a composer has involved the following games:
• Donkey Kong Land 2 (1996)
• GoldenEye 007 (with Graeme Norgate and Robin Beanland, 1997)
• Banjo-Kazooie (1998)
• Donkey Kong 64 (1999)
• Banjo-Tooie (2000)
• Perfect Dark (with David Clynick, 2000)
• Grabbed by the Ghoulies (2003)
• Viva Piñata (with Steve Burke) (2006)
• Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise (2008)
• Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (with Robin Beanland and David Clynick, 2008)
• Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2012)
For samples of past works, more information and further updates, see the official website at www.grantkirkhope.com
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.