14 December 1970 (age 47)
Glenn Aitken's debut Album "Extraordinary Lives", produced by John Ravenhall - Grammy Nominated Producer, and with guest artists including Greg Lyons and Paul McCartney is now released and available throughout the UK in HMV stores, Amazon.co.uk, Play.com, HMV.com. Mixed by Larry Sturm - Multi Grammy award winning Mixer/Engineer at Pressure Point Chicago. For more information visit www.glennaitken.com
Born in Lower Hutt New Zealand. Glenn learned classical piano and theory before teaching himself guitar and saxophone, and was heavily involved in pub and club bands during his years at university. Upon graduating from University however, it was his love for music which came to the forefront and Glenn started a solo career, playing in bars in the North Island of New Zealand.
After having spent many years overseas playing music in countries such as China, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Maldives, Glenn's break came in 2003, when he was offered a publishing contract for his music in London, where he is now based.
Since coming to London, Glenn has;
- had his music published by MPL Communications Ltd;
- had one of his tracks - 'The Way' released on Sir Paul McCartneys compilation of favorites for UNCUT magazine;
- been a finalist in the 2004,2005,2006 2007 and 2010 UK Songwriting Contests, including being a double finalist in 2006, with 'W' being voted third highest out of all entries;
- been awarded Honourable mention in the 2005 Billboard World Song Contest;
- been Runner-up in the WeAreListening.org singer/songwriter awards;
- become a featured writer on the MPL Communications website;
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.