2009 – 2019 (9 years)
Belfast, County Down, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Cathal Cully (2009 – present)
- Claire Miskimmin (2010 – present)
- Gib Cassidy (2013 – present)
- Neil Brogan (2009 – 2013)
- Philip Quinn (2012 – present)
- Sarah Grimes
Girls Names is a four-piece post-punk band from Belfast, Northern Ireland. Formed in 2009 as a two-piece by singer/guitarist and songwriter Cathal Cully and drummer Neil Brogan, Claire Miskimmin joined on bass the following year and Charles Hurts guitarist Philip Quinn was added to the line-up in 2012.
Neil Brogan departed the band in 2013 and was replaced by current drummer Gib Cassidy. The band has released three albums, 2011's Dead to Me, 2013's The New Life, on Tough Love Records in Europe and Slumberland Records in the US, and 2015's Arms Around a Vision on Tough Love Records, as well as several EPs, singles and split singles on labels such as Captured Tracks and CF Records.
There is another band with the same name:
2. Girls Names is 3 piece grindcore band from Ontario, Canada. Members include Shandra (vocals, lyrics), Emily (vocals, lyrics) and Adam (music, vocals, lyrics). They currently have 3 records downloadable for free on the Grindcore Karaoke label, which include an eponymous record, An Open Letter to Jay Randall and Dental Radiology.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.