Gaskin's harmonized melodic vocal style set them apart from many their NWoBHM contemporaries, with their style being a bit more refined than the rough riffing associated with early 80's Brit metal. With the standout opening track "Sweet Dream Maker", and first single "I'm No Fool", the End Of The World debut ranks as the better of the two albums released before falling by the wayside alongside many other bands of the time.
Many years later, founder/namesake Paul Gaskin recruited a new lineup and released Stand Or Fall in 2000, which coincided with their appearance at Wacken 2000. In 2005 Gaskin made an appearance at Germany's H.O.A Festival. An invitation to stage a 25th Anniversary gig in 2006 led to [b}Paul Gaskin reuniting with co-founder member Dave Norman, and work commenced on new material.
* End Of The World (1981) - vinyl - Rondolet Records (1991) CD - Pony Canyon
* No Way Out (1982) - vinyl - Rondolet Records / (1991) CD - Pony Canyon
* Stand Or Fall (2000) - CD - Edgy Records / (2009) Vinyl - High Roller Records
* Beyond World's End (2009) - vinyl - Buried in Dust and Time Records
* Edge of Madness (May 2012) CD & Vinyl - High Roller Records
* I'm No Fool / Sweet Dream Maker (1981)
* Mony Mony / Queen Of Flames (1982)
* CD EP - The Contract / Man's World / Bedlam (2012)
Gaskin have completed the recording of a new album, "Edge of Madness", which will be released some time around May 2012, on German label High Roller Records. The new album promises to carry on the melodic lines and harmony guitar solos but with some added heavy riffs.
There are also a number of gig dates being lined up for 2012, following a successful appearance at the British Steel Festival VI at Camden Underworld in late March. These will include some mainland continental European gigs. The current lineup features:
Paul Gaskin - Guitar/Vocals
Andy Solomon - Guitar
Mick Cross - Bass guitar
Dave Norman - Drums/Vocals
You can keep uo with the news at:
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.