You are viewing an old version of this wiki. View the latest version.
There are at least five artists/bands with this name:
1. Gargoyle is a thrash metal band from Japan that merge thrash with various folk, progressive and avant-garde elements. Formed in 1987 by Kiba (vocals), She-Ja (guitar), Toshi (bass) and Katsuji (drums), the band released their debut album "Misogi" in 1989. Yotarou (guitar) joined in 1993, though She-Ja would leave the band shortly after the release of their fourth album "Tenron". Guitarist Kentaro joined shortly after his departure. Yotarou would leave the band in 2001 to focus on his family life, leaving Kentaro as the sole guitarist. Gargoyle have released 13 full lengths to date, along with several EPs and live videos, as well as having started their own music label (First Cell).
2. Gargoyle is an Australian hip-hop/rap artist based in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. His debut album "Saintsinner" was released on Broken Tooth Entertainment in May 2008. MySpace: http://myspace.com/joeygargoyle
3. Gargoyle is a melodic black metal band from Istanbul / Turkey. They have one album called "March Of The Heroes" released in 2007. The band is composed of Melih Pekin Pekinbas on synthesiser, Pelin Pelister Akyurek on the bass and her husband Cem Akyurek on guitars and vocal. The album's main theme is Conquest of Istanbul(Constinople) in 1453. The album is produced by Atlantis Records. The band can be contacted from www.geocities.com/gargoyletheban.
4. A heavy metal band from United States of America (Portland, Oregon) formed in 1982. They released 2 demos in 87-88 and one longplay in 1988 (Gargoyle).
5. A three piece band (vocalist, guitar and keyboards) influenced by Suede, formed in the mid 90's in the UK (West Midlands). Songs include 'Making Heaven Home' and 'Shape Changer'.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.