1996 – present (21 years)
There are more than one artist/artists with the name Fatboy
1. Fatboy is a swedish Alternative/ Rockabilly / Country group.
Fatboy are back with a new collection of adorable melodies. This time Thomas Pareigis, Hannu Kiviaho, Jan Lissnils, Alf Östlund, Joakim Lindahl and Marcus Källström decided to go a little further into the mine, deeper down under ground. Together they generated rivers of sweat before they found the finest rock diamonds of them all. The six-piece delivers the kind of amazing songs that even make legendary film directors like Tim Burton and Quentin Tarantino wanting to use the bands music in their upcoming movies.
The distinctive mix of rockabilly, country and rock’n’roll that has made Fatboy so popular is still intact but together with producer Simon Nordberg (Håkan Hellström, Amanda Jenssen, Kent) the band have broaden their horizon even further and to categorise their music is pretty much impossible.
– The album is almost like a sideshow where every song has its own little tent. You will find the magicians, strippers, fire-eaters, bikers… The songs all live within their own little world, Thomas says and adds that the band has never been this creative before.
– For the first time we wrote about 25 titles that never made it to the album. They were all good songs but the recording moved in another direction and they just didn’t fit.
The toughest part of the work might take place back home (in the dark, sweaty mine) but most ideas are born in other places. Like in Berlin. This is where the band did their last concert following the release of “Overdrive” (2010) and this is where Thomas and guitarist Hannu spent a few days in order to write new songs. Later on the recording was divided into two sessions.
–Simons plan was to record 6-7 songs and then have a break before going back into the studio again. It was a different way of working and gave us the chance to customize the material in a new way. A lot of the songs on the album were born in-between the studio sessions, remembers Hannu Kiviaho.
The band, loved by both psychobilly-kids, headbangers and country’n’western-ladies, might have spent a lot of time in the rehearsal making sure they turn every song into gold, but in the studio things moved quicker.
– With a great band you do not need to dwell on the songs. We feel very safe in that sense, every one understands one another and in the studio things move smoothly. We did a maximum of four takes of each song, says Hannu.
Among the guests on the album you will find a choir of men, singer Kim Richey and several others. The cover was created by the band-members themselves, with a little help from Hannus connections within the world of movies. Behind the camera stood, as always, the bands brilliant photographer Johan Bergmark.
– Recording an album is a lot of hard work. You have to give it everything you got in order to surprise yourself and keep it interesting. We really had to push it this time, says singer Thomas Pareigis who has his own thoughts on why “Love creole” is Fatboys strongest effort to date.
– In the end it is all about the songs and both melodies and lyrics are so much better this time. I also think that producer Simon really has lifted us as well. All these things combined make this the best Fatboy recording so far.
2. Fatboy (Vladan Radosavljević) was born in 1977 in Serbia. He developed his musical tastes listening to music on the radio & TV back in the 80`s and the 90`s. Music played a big part in his early life, as he found it to be the easiest form of expression. After managing to buy his first set of decks, he never looked back. In the beginning, he experimented with a deeper funky-house style, along with some rare retro-electro tunes, and other stuff that wasn't usually played at the local club. In year 2003 Fatboy spent six months playing at 'Ku-Bu' club/lounge in Dubai along with resident DJ Paul (UK). His passion for music went a lot further than just spinning tunes. In 2005 Fatboy started his now widely recognized 'CLUBNIGHT' show on 'ONEWAY 88.8FM' DJ radio in Vršac. Clubnight focused on showcasing a diverse range of underground house, techno and other forms of electronic music and strived to promote DJ scene and clubbing by hosting live sets and interviews from country's top DJs and producers. He also writes articles and reviews for “Urban Bug” magazine and “Rush” e-zine. The tunes Fatboy plays can be very diverse: you can expect to hear anything from Chicago & San Francisco chunky-funky & jazzy house rhythms to deep house sub-grooves with funky, electro and dubby elements.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.