There are at least 5 artists by the name Fat:
1. A British rapcore band
2. An American psychedelic rock band
3. A Canadian noise group
4. A Senegalese reggae artist
5. A Slovak sludge/stoner/doom metal band
1) A London based rapcore band. In 1997 they released the only, self-titled album and did some touring, including playing Ozzfest in 1997. Fat was composed of A.D. Rowntree (vocals), Gareth Prosser (guitar), Paul Andrews (bass), and Mike Boyko (drums).
2) A legendary psychedelic rock group from Massachusetts, active in the 1970s. Members were singer Peter Newland, lead guitarists Michael Benson and James Kaminski, drummer William Benjamin and bassist Guy DeVito. Fat developed a regional following in New England (based in the North Hampton-Springfield area of Massachusetts) in the late sixties and through the seventies but never broke nationally. Self-titled Fat (1970) was their only major label album. In support of the album RCA sent the band on the road opening for The Allman Brothers Band. While the debut didn't do much commercially the album generated some favorable critical buzz leading their management (RCA) to ship the band back into the studio to record a sophomore album. The collection was completed, but before it could be released the band got caught up in a drug bust. RCA management reacted by dropping the band, but not before releasing a single from the shelved LP - 'Still Water'
3) A canadian noise / jazz / experimental band active during 1980s until 1993. Its style was special the way to creat noise atmospheres with a free jazz base. A kind of crossover between Merzbow and Telonious Monk. They recorded 4 albums and the trio were formed by: Eric Rosenzveig, Jeff Noble and Phil Giborski. Later Eric and Phil worked with Willy Le Maitre as a visual & auditory art project around 2000. http://www.discogs.com/artist/91322-Fat-2
4) A reggae artist from Dakar, Sénégal
5) Formed in Stropkov, Slovakia by the beginning of year 2016. Released their debut album on 5th August 2019.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.