Torquay, Devon, England, United Kingdom
Emmi is the name of more than one artist:
1) British / Australian singer and songwriter Emmi
2) Finnish singer-songwriter Emmi
Her singles are:
She is the featured artist on:
- Blind Pig - Bonus Track from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
- Blind (feat. Emmi) - Radio Edit (2015). Feder feat Emmi
- Our Youth (2015). Sonny Alven feat Emmi
Her debut single 'My Kinda Swag' was released in 2015. Her second single 'Sleep On It' was included in Taylor Swift's handwritten playlist 'New Songs That Will Make Your Life More Awesome’, and was described by Buzzfeed's Kyle Davis as one of "The 30 Most Criminally Underrated Pop Songs Of 2015". In October 2015, Emmi released her third single '60 Minutes’, on Billboard.
Emmi's voice also features on two 2015 dance singles - 'Our Youth' by Sonny Alven and 'Blind' by Feder.
'Blind' remained in the official French charts for 26 weeks, peaking at number 5. 'Our Youth' featured in the Norwegian charts for 7 weeks, peaking at number 11 and featured in a Pepsi Max commercial, 'Dancing In The Rain'.
In May 2016, Emmi performed at festivals including The Great Escape Festival and BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend, before premiering her fourth single 'You Said You Loved Me' through Clash Magazine. The track was described as "infectious" by Josep Vinaixa of Ultimate Music.
In October 2016, it was revealed on Pottermore that Emmi would feature on the official soundtrack for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, singing 'Blind Pig'. 'Blind Pig' has been shortlisted for the Best Original Song 2017 Academy Award
In November 2016, Emmi was voted the winner of MTV Brand New For 2016 in Australia and New Zealand, notching up 60,000 votes to clinch the prize.
Her single "Couldn't Care Less" was premiered in November 2016 by Live Nation’s 'OnestoWatch'
2) Finnish Emmi is a Finnish singer-songwriter who sings in English. She was born on October 10th, 1979 in Vilppula, Finland. She became famous thanks to her single Breakable, which was released in February 2001. In May 2001 her second single Crashing Down and her debut album Solitary Motions were released. Two other quite well-known songs from that album are Green Car and Solitary Motions. She was nominated as the Best Nordic Act by MTV Europe Music Awards in 2001. However, the award was won by the Danish band Safri Duo.
There are two versions of Emmi's second album No Nothing. The first one was released only for Finnish market in October 2002. The second one was released for international as well as Finnish market in early 2003. The differences between the versions are the order of songs and the fact that the second version contains two tracks that are not contained in the first version, namely Into The World and World Is Crazy. Conversely, the song Toss Me Down is contained in the first version but not in the second one.
The single Eileen was released in 2005. On October 5, 2005, Emmi’s third album Can Full of Joy was released.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.