2007 – 2008 (1 year)
- 中島麻未 (2007 – 2008)
- 山本サヤカ (2007 – 2008)
- 橘佳奈 (2007 – present)
- 西田静香 (2007 – 2008)
- 長谷部優 (2007 – present)
In 1999 avex organized a talent contest called avex dream 2000. 3 girls, Matsumuro Mai (松室麻衣), Tachibana Kana (橘佳奈) and Hasebe Yu (長谷部優), won the audition and they became the group dream. The group debuted on January 1, 2000, with the single Movin' on, which made it into the Oricon top 15 with a mature image and non-cheesy eurobeats. Their next few singles all ended up in the same territory, failing to break the top 10 until their sixth single, My Will, made it to #6 at the end of 2000 (though their next single peaked at #36). Things were considered more or less over for the group when Mai, who wrote most of their song lyrics, decided to leave the group in 2002. avex decided to hold more auditions for a replacement, but ended up with 6 new girls, though many saw this as an attempt to emulate the success of top girl-group Morning Musume. The new 8-girl group "re-debuted" in 2003 with MUSIC IS MY THING. Currently, the group is down to 7 members, following Ai Risa's graduation to solo work in March of 2004.
On June 27th, 2007, dream was "reborn" as the dance/chorus group DRM in an attempt to shed their image as idols.
3 nin dream (1999 - 2002)
* Matsumuro Mai
* Tachibana Kana
* Hasebe Yu
8/7 nin dream (2002 - present)
* dream 02 * Ai Risa (graduated March 2004)
* dream 03 * Abe Erie
* dream 04 * Takamoto Aya
* dream 05 * Nakashima Ami
* dream 06 * Nishida Shizuka
* dream 07 * Tachibana Kana
* dream 08 * Hasebe Yu
* dream 09 * Yamamoto Sayaka
The girls' recent activities seem to involve as much sports as they do music, with dream members making up a fair percentage of TEAM dream, a futsal team often in competition with Gatas Brilhantes H.P..
dream is partly known by the English-speaking population for doing the theme songs to some animes:
* "My will" is used as the first ending theme to the anime Inu Yasha.
* "Get Over" is used as the first opening theme to the anime Hikaru no Go.
* "SINCERELY ~ ever dream ~" is used as the third ending theme to the anime Hikaru no Go.
* "MUSIC IS MY THING" is used as the fifth ending theme to the anime Hikaru no Go.
* "Wo Ai Ni" is used as the second opening theme to the anime Asobotto Senki Goku.
* "SHINE OF VOICE" is used as the opening theme to the anime Ichigo 100%.
* SUPER EUROBEAT presents EURO "dream" land
* Eternal Dream
* dream world
* 777 -Best of Dreams-
* 777 -Another Side Story-
* 7th Anniversary Best
* Greatest Live Hits
* ナツイロ (Natsuiro)
* Boy meets Girl
* Movin' on
* Heart on Wave/Breakin' out
* Private wars
* SUPER EUROBEAT presents NIGHT OF FIRE
* My will
* Believe in you
* Our Time
* STAY~now I'm here~
* Get Over
* SINCERELY ~ ever dream ~
* MUSIC IS MY THING
* I ラブ ドリーム world (I love dream world)
* Identity -prologue-
* Love Generation
* そよ風の調べ／STORY (Soyokaze no Shirabe / STORY)
* 1st X'mas (dream + Fruit Punch + SweetS)
* 2nd X'mas (dream + SweetS + Kayo Aiko)
* 3rd X'mas (dream + Nagasawa Nao + SweetS + Hoshii Nanase + Kayo Aiko + PARADISE GO!! GO!! + Saito Michi)
Various Artists Albums
* Countdown J-Pop 2000
* J-EURO BEST
* J-Euro non-stop Best
* avex 15th Anniversary Compilation J-POP Vol.2
* a+nation Vol.1 - SUMMER POWER
* a+nation Vol.2 - SUMMER LOVER
* a+nation Vol.3 - SUMMER REMIXMIX
* a-nation 04 BEST HIT SUMMER
* COUNTDOWN J-POP 2005
* Girl's BOX ~Best Hits Compilation~
* Girl's BOX ~Best Hits Compilation Summer~
* Girl's BOX ~Best Hits Compilation Winter~
* Best X'mas
* BEST OF INU YASHA Seifu Meigetsu - Inu Yasha Theme Zenshu 2
* 『いちご１００％』ミュージック１００％ "Ichigo 100%" Music 100%
* dream meets Best Hit avex
* Dream Live 2001
* DAYDREAM 2
* dream CLIP SELECTION
* dream live 2002 "Process"
* dream party
* ID (Musical)
* dream party 2
* dream live 2003 ~ dream world
* dream Christmas Party 2004
* Boy meets Girl -a little more-
* dream Party 2006 ~Love & dream~
* dream Party 2006 X'mas
* EURO "dream" land ep
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.