There are at least five artists sharing the name Dor: 1) a Brazilian black metal infused punk band; 2) an electronic production duo from the USA; 3) a harsh noise project from Russia; 4) an alternative rock band from the Netherlands; 5) a rajasthani soundtrack project from India
1) Dor is a black metal infused punk band from São Paulo, Brazil.
2) Dor is an electronic production duo operating out of the Southeastern US (active from 2012 to present).
3) DOR is a harsh noise project run by Vitaly Malygin from Yaroslav (Russia) since 2009, with 3 albums recorded. He run 0also another project named SIROTEK. http://autizm.bandcamp.com/
4) DOR is an alternative rock band from Groningen, the Netherlands.
5) Dor (Hindi: डोर, Urdu: ڈور, translation: String) is a 2006 Bollywood feature film, written and directed by Nagesh Kukunoor. It is about two women (and of the life of a widow), who are bound together by the string that fate ties them together with.
The soundtrack, which was composed by Salim-Sulaiman and the lyrics by Mir Ali Husain, was released on August 26, 2006 with a typical and traditional Rajasthani flavor.
One review about the soundtrack said that, "this is no ordinary album and will be preferred by musical elites. Infused with classical music and Rajasthani folk music, it is a good quality album coming out of Salim-Sulaiman. But the shortcoming comes in the form that this is not the kind of music that’ll please every ear." Another review, in a similar tone, said that the album "works only for those who are either followers of classical music or enjoy hearing songs with a Rajasthani folk music base. There is no doubt that composers good quality throughout, but overall the album caters only to a niche audience.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.