Diamonds are not the 50's group "The Diamonds" of "Little Darlin'" fame. There are however, several bands that go by this name:
1) Diamonds (Australia/Glasgow)
2) Asher "Diamonds" Gray (USA)
3) Diamonds (Canada)
1) Diamonds are an ex-Australian hard pop/noisy indie three-piece based in Glasgow.
Aidan and Sarah packed up their equipment in Adelaide, Australia late 2007. Put it all in a shipping container and set it loose on an over sea voyage to Glasgow. All to play some real, raw and exciting rock music on the other side of the world.
Diamonds’ music is a loud and energetic mash of classic pop music like that of Teenage Fanclub, Elliott Smith, Wilco and The Beatles and harder and more obscure music like that of Helmet, Slint, The Jesus Lizard and The Hot Snakes. Aidan’s singing, screaming and edgy guitar tone is really brought to life by Sarah’s pile-driving bass, sweet and clear vocals and Jamie's thumping drums. Continuing in the passionate, raw and honest tradition, Diamonds songs can be anything from measured steps to screaming release.
2) Asher "Diamonds" Gray is 1/2 of the Milwaukee based party duo The Glamour and the founder of 24Carat Design. Diamonds mixes party mash ups
3) Diamonds (Canada) Have one album titled "Rough Cuts" and released a new single titled "Swan (49°02′00″,119°03′00″)" in December 2009.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.