2003 – present (18 years)
- Anders Johansson
- Andreas Halvardsson (2003 – 2010)
- Annlouice Loegdlund (2003 – 2014)
- Daniel Hedin (2011 – present)
- Daniel Håkansson
- Johannes Bergion
- Kristin Evegård (2014 – present)
- Petter Karlsson (2010 – 2012)
- Pontus Mantefors
Diablo Swing Orchestra is a Swedish metal band from Stockholm. The band was formed in 2003.
The origin of the name of the band is related on their website. The tongue-in-cheek back-story recounts a historically questionable ancestral story beginning in 16th century Sweden. Supposedly, ancestors of the band members performed orchestral works in defiance of the ruling church at the time (possibly in reference to the newly installed protestant Lutheran national church, in power during the mid and late 16th century). The orchestra was forced to go into hiding, performing in secret, with the assistance of oppressed peasants during the era. After years of performing for the pleasure of these peasants, the story claims that the church put a bounty on the performers' lives, and that this bounty was so high that the orchestra knew they would soon be captured, and thus chose to play a spectacular final show before becoming martyred to the church.
While this account is historically unsupported it does provide a backdrop to DSO's eclectic musical style
- Daniel Håkansson – guitars, vocals (since 2003)
- Pontus Mantefors – guitars, effects, vocals (since 2003)
- Andy Johansson – bass,vocals (since 2003)
- Johannes Bergion – cello, vocals (since 2003)
- Martin Isaksson – trumpet, vocals (since 2009)
- Daniel Hedin – trombone, vocals (since 2009)
- Johan Norbäck – drums (since 2012)
- Kristin Evegård – vocals (since 2014)
- Andreas Halvardsson – drums (2003–2010)
- Petter Karlsson – drums (2010-2012)
- Annlouice Loegdlund – vocals (2003-2014)
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.