1996 – present (21 years)
There are at least three artists which use the name "Conquest"
1. A hard rock band from Ukraine
2. A dubstep musician
3. A hard rock band from Finland
4. Christian rapper
1. Conquest was formed in 1996 in Kharkov, Ukraine as a solo studio project of the guitarist W.Angel, playing classic hard rock influenced by Def Leppard.
Up to the end of 1997 the staff was complete and on the 7th of January 1998 Conquest performed the first live show. In 1998 the band played lots of gigs in Ukraine, among them the show with Russian heavy metal legend Aria. After a few changes in the staff the band began playing more fast and aggressive music. The first demo, which was released by Russian label Irond Rec. with the title “Endless Power” included fast melodic tracks with some Slavonic folk melodies combined with power-speed riffs and impressing vocals. The band changed the style of music to euro power metal.
The second LP “Frozen Sky” released by Ukrainian indie label “Musical Hall Distribution” was kept in the same aggressive but melodic style. Playing songs from these two albums on different stages of Ukraine and neighboring countries, Conquest became one of the most popular and actual metal bands in Ukraine.
During the first half of 2008 the band recorded new songs and played lots of gigs, including the show with Epidemy in Odessa. In June Conquest performed at the biggest bike show in Ukraine The Goblin Show Fest being the headliner of one of the days.
In the Summer of 2008 the band also took part in the international musical fest Pro-Rock, where the german band Rage played as the headliner.
In the Autumn of 2008 the band accepted the invitation to perform at two gigs of swedish band "Sabaton" that were organized in Poland cities Warsaw and Krakow.
The Spring of 2009 was full of gigs and shows, the most significant of which was the Kiev gig with the band Sirenia from Norway.
The new album Taste of Life, was released June 2015 on Ferrum Records. In the summer of 2012 the band decided to change lead singers. Conquest has since gone re-branding and changed their name to W. Angel’s Conquest
Konstantin "Laars" Naumenko - vocal
W. Angel – guitar, backing vocals
Agnarr – guitar
Berowar – bass
Erland “Death Machine” Sivolapov - drums
2. Conquest (also know as ‘Quest’) makes soulful dubstep. His song Forever featured on Caspa & Rusko’s Fabriclive.37 compilation. He often collaborates with Silkie and they were both chosen by Mala of Digital Mystikz to DJ live on the ‘Generation Bass’ special on Mary Anne Hobbs’ BBC Radio 1 Experimental Show in August ‘08 as a follow up to the seminal worldwide introduction to dubstep, ‘Dubstep Wars’ in January ‘06.
3. CONQUEST is a band from Finland which straight hard rock, or melodic metal with influences from old legends like Deep Purple. Some songs even have a slight prog influence. It’s very guitar-based although pretty vocal oriented as well with vocalist Peter James Goodman having an excellent powerful voice coming off as a blend of Jeff Scott Soto and Graham Bonnett. As mentioned, the songs are very guitar-based, yet with some great varied keys by Pate Kivinen and playful drums by Tuomo Lassila.
Their one and only release is album: Worlds Apart - released in 1999 by Escape Music Ltd.
Peter James Goodman - vocals
Tuomo Lassila - drums and percussion
Heikki Warma - guitars
Marco Hietala - bass and vocals
4. CONQUEST(Jason Andre Roberts) is a highly innovative emcee, vocalist, songwriter & producer known for his East Coast meets progressive/alternative style of hip hop that address various universal themes from a consistent Christian perspective. He combines lyricism in the league of a Lupe Fiasco or Joell Ortiz with sonics influenced by everyone from Timbaland to Black Milk to Underoath. Conquest makes groundbreaking music designed to move & 'save' souls with original songwriting & the gospel.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.