There are multiple bands with the name Colony:
For more information:
2) Colony was a rock band from St. Louis, Missouri. Members Ted Bruner, Jon Armstrong, John Stuller, and Matt Hickenbotham formed the band in high school in the early 1990's, signing to MCA Records, who released their debut Siren in September 1997. Although the album failed to catch on nationally, Colony built a sizeable audience by gigging around their hometown. Stuller then left the band and was replaced by Andy Conrad. 2001 saw the group receive the honor of best new artist at the St. Louis music awards, the Slammies, as Colony signed to Beyond, who issued their sophomore effort, Who I Wanted to Be in September of that year. Prior to the album's release, its first single, "Happy," appeared in the movie Rat Race.
3) Colony is an ambient / dubstep / drone sound project from Italy. The first album Meet, Merge, Dissolve was released at the end of 2010 for free.
5) Colony (aka "Colonia") is a post hardcore band from El Paso, Tx.
For more information go to: www.forthegoodofthecolony.blogspot.com
6) Based out of the Meadowlands of northern New Jersey, Colony Is a progressive punk/post-rock band formed in the later months of 2007 initially consisting of Jesse Derosa(guitar,vox), Les Barbire(bass, vox), John Carluccio(drums, vox). Having no preconceived ideas as to what would come from their initial jam sessions the three began molding together bits and pieces of their collective influences to set the foundation of a still raw batch of riffs and passages. With the addition of Jimmy La Grutta(guitar, vox, programming, synth) and Brian Kim(Saxophone, guitar, vox) these ideas were expanded on and songs began taking on a life all of their own. They then took these songs down to Exeter Studios in Freehold NJ to assemble and record what would be their debut s/t full length album with the help of Joe Dell’Aquila at the board.
Their sound can somewhat be described as taking the structural sensibilities of instrumental post-rock, the soul of folk/blues, amplified by the energy/desperation of punk and metal and then throwing it all into a big blender of spastic psychedelia.
7) Colony was a female fronted hardcore punk band from Ostrava, Czech Republic. They released an EP called "Paprsky myšlenek v jádru duše" just before they fell apart in November 2010.
More information @ http://www.myspace.com/colonycz
8) Colony is a 4 piece darkwave/post-punk revival band from Richmond, VA. Included in the group is a member of Lost Tribe, also from Richmond, VA.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.