1) Aurora Aksnes (born 15 June 1996), known mononymously as AURORA, is a Norwegian singer, songwriter, and record producer. Born in Stavanger, Aurora released her debut extended play, "Running With The Wolves", in 2015, through Decca Records. Later the same year, she provided the backing track for the John Lewis Christmas advert, singing a cover of the Oasis song "Half The World Away". AURORA released her debut studio album, "All My Demons Greeting Me As A Friend, in 2016. In 2018, she released the first chapter of her second album, "Infections Of A Different Kind – Step 1", followed by the second chapter of the second studio album, A Different Kind Of Human – Step 2".
AURORA is the only musician in her family. She started learning to play piano when she was six. "I really love classic music, and when I found this piano in the attic, I just started pressing the keys and trying to figure out my favorite classical songs. I started to make melodies that I recognized. There was something special about being able to play just by yourself – something about the emotion in it made me want to continue playing." At age nine, when she had a better handle of the English language, she began writing songs. Her first original composition was titled "I Had A Dream", which referred to how hard the world can be. Songs such as "Running With The Wolves", "I Went Too Far" and "Runaway" were written in this early stage of her life, with "Runaway" being written when she was 12.
2) Aurora is alias of italian electronic music producer duo Gino Cavazzana and Paolo Reverdy. The duo put out two releases, the eponymous Aurora EP (1994) and the A.M. EP (1995) on Subway Records, an italian progressive electronic music label, before vanishing in 1995 and focusing on other projects.
3) Aurora (known as Aurora UK in the USA) are English trance/dance producers, Sacha Collisson and Simon Greenaway, who have collaborated with guest vocalists Naimee Coleman, Lizzy Pattinson, Marcella Detroit and James Khari. On top of their trance and dance hits, they released an album of acoustic songs, such as the radio hit ‘Dreaming,’ in 2002. 2006 sees Aurora’s return with a dance cover of the Texas single, ‘Summer Son.’
4) Aurora is a Danish melodic death metal band. They formed in 1994 and released 4 albums and on EP from 1998.2002.
5) Auróra was founded in Gyor, Hungary, by young local punks, Vigi (guitar/vocals), Galacs (bass), Polyak (drums) and Dauer (vocals) in 1983.
6) Aurora was the first Latvian indie rock band, formed by Ritvars Dižkačs in 1987. Aurora's most famous hits were 'Barjera' and 'Sadauzītais Bundzinieks'.
7) )Aurora is a Russian screamo band formed out of the ashes of another Russian band pro'spect. they've released two demos (first was in 2009 and the second in 2010).
8) Aurora (formerly known as Xio) is a singer/songwriter/actress . Aurora, born as Xiomara Medina in San Juan, Puerto Rico, founded Medination Music LLC, her own independent record label. Under this label, she released two albums, "Temperatures of My Life" & "So Alive." Aurora has released numerous singles, including her latest, "Heaven/Cielo." "Heaven" was the #1 Added & Spincrease single for Nov 1st week on New Music Weekly putting her on the "Up & Coming" artist list as well. This club and radio banger was written by Aurora and produced by Tony Caluccio. Aurora directed and edited the video for her song “Ve”, which was the official selection of the 2013 Rincon International Film Festival in Puerto Rico.
9) Aurora is a female reggae singer from Finland.
10) Aurora is an Albanian act who's most known for their song "Lele kaqurele".
11) Aurora is a Swedish avant-garde metal/emoband who have currently recorded three EPs.
12) Aurora is a Polish new wave group formed in 1987, disbanded and reunited twice.
13) Aurora is a now-defunct four-piece indie/alternative band from Seattle, Washington. They have produced one self titled album.
14) Aurora was a 5-piece jazz-band from Aarhus, Denmark, formed in 2006. Debut album "Aurora" released in 2009 on Calibrated/VME.
15) Aurora is an Italian RAC band from Verona formed in 1998.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.