1994 – present (24 years)
Aurora Borealis is the Northern Lights.
There are at least eight artists/groups known by this name:
1) Aurora Borealis is one of those death/black metal hybrids, with Vento's vocals slanting toward black and the riffing and drumming siding a bit toward death metal. There's an above-average degree of technicality here, as Vento is a solid guitarist and an adventuresome songwriter. The songs mix both technicality and brutality quite well – this is a fine band well worth investigation.
2) Aurora Borealis is one of the aliases of Shazz (Didier Delesalle), under which he has published mostly trance techno on French label F-Communications.
3) Aurora Borealis was an unsigned band based in Wiltshire, UK in the early 2000s. There were two members who played acoustic guitar and sung in harmony.
4) Aurora Borealis was a Finnish metal band which was active in the 1990's.
5) The Aurora Borealis is a psychedelic project in Portland that has yet to release an album.
6) Black Metal from Germany, released "Rough Sea" in 1997.
7) Ambient/Post-Rock band from Belgium.
8) A young all-female band which arose at the Maastricht Music Conservatory in the Netherlands. Their love for polyphony and indie pop / rock brought Florence, Ellen and Lea together. Floating synthpads, tight drums, deep bass and hypnotic guitar riffs form the sound of Aurora Borealis. All of this combined with polyphonic melodic vocals. The girls of Aurora Borealis are inspired by bands like Alt-J, Daughter and London Grammar.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.