- Jonas Dryhoel
- Thomas van Hulle
There are at least seven artists are called Aquila:
1. An independent indie-noir band from UK
2. An electronic outfit from Belgium
3. A psychedelic rock band from the early 1970's
4. A metalcore / melodic death metal band from Canada
5. A heavy / power metal band from Romania
6. An alias of Australian trance producer Matthew Thomas
7. A black metal band from France
8. A Chilean pioneer jazz, jazz-fusion, jazz-folklore & pop band, founded 1973 in Santiago, disbanded 1974.
1. AQUILA, UK independent artistes and purveyors of indie-noir published via Lodestar Records. The band formed after meeting each other at a David Lynch Film Party in London. AQUILA are: Richard Stokes - Lee Johnson - Dan Stough - Ben Dargue.
Aquila are Jonas Dryhoel & Thomas Van Hulle. Born and raised in a small town in the Ghent vicinity in Belgium. Due to sharing interests they soon found each other and in 2001 they set up the ‘Mental Gymnastics’ organisation. Organising numerous psychedelic parties in Belgium enabled them to work their way into the Belgian psytrance scene. Their most infamous realisations include a legendary Astral Projection party.
In the meantime Jonas (DJ Bonas) was testing out his mixing skillsand the two of them got interested in the production side of the music. Eager to learn more about these possibilities they took part in an electronic music production course organised by the SAE institute in Rotterdam, Holland. Many hours of home production and the acquiring of the right hard- and software followed.
Early 2006 they met with the Dacru guys when they organised the Orientation Vol. 1 release party. The attention was startled for their music as well, leading to their participation in the next releases of the Orientation series and the joining of the Dacru Records label. With many more future releases at Dacru and various labels in the pipelines, their powerful sound is bound to leave it’s imprint in the scene.
3. A psychedelic rock band from the early 1970's. Their music shows progressive and jazz influences.
They released a self-titled album in 1970.
4. A metalcore / melodic death metal band formed in 2007. Originally from Windsor, Ontario Canada, they relocated to Calgary, Canada in 2009. Aquila released their first full length album "Imperium" in 2009.
5. A heavy / power metal band from Bucharest, Romania, established in 1990.
8. Chilean pioneer jazz, jazz-fusion, jazz-folklore & pop band, founded 1973 in Santiago, disbanded 1974.
- Guillermo Rifo: vibraphone, musical direction (1973 – 1974).
- Sandro Salvati: alto saxophone (1973 – 1974).
- Guillermo Olivares: electrico piano (1973 – 1974).
- Williams Miño: bass (1973 – 1974).
- Sergio Meli: drums (1973 – 1974).
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.