You are viewing an old version of this wiki. View the latest version.
There are three bands using the name Antaeus.
(1) A club music artist aka Alexx Antaeus
(2) A French black metal band
(3) An alternative rock band from Smithtown, USA
(1) Since 1986, Antaeus (aka Alexx Antaeus) has remixed/produced for Young M.C., Falco, Lonnie Gordon, Malcolm McLaren, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, The Rolling Stones, The Boys, Herbert Gronemeyer, and Earth, Wind & Fire. His personal albums include: Byzantine Meditation, World Prayer, and Zero4.
Byzantine Meditation is a chillout soundscape fusing voices, traditional instruments, electronica, hip-hop, and drum 'n' bass. The title track received significant airplay on Smooth Jazz and eclectic stations and was used in Jacob's Coffee TV commercials. For World Prayer, the Virgin Megastore magazine raved: "Few Greeks up to now have been able to make their presence felt in the international music world. One of them is Antaeus…Sources of inspiration this time are religions from around the world, always with the enchanting atmosphere that Antaeus creates…" Zero4 is his latest release. In it, he blends urban and club beats with ethnic melodies and ambient sensitivity. Palm of the Prophet, one of the album's tracks, has been included in the Buddha Bar VIII compilation. Several songs from the album are receiving airplay on chill, Smooth Jazz, and eclectic stations around the world. In his review of Zero4 at enigmaonline.com, Thomas Martin wrote: "Production is at its…best," and "I'll recommend Antaeus to anyone who owns Paul Simon's Graceland and Air's Virgin Suicide / Talkie Walkie." Professor Marshall J. Cook, Editor of Creativity Connection at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, said, "(Antaeus' music) seems at once unique and familiar to me, and I don't seem to tire of it after several playings."
Some of the club music projects he has launched are Jeek! and Aar. For his work, he has earned several gold and platinum plaques. Similar artist: Enigma.
(2) Antaeus is a french Black Metal band which formed in Maisons-Laffitte, Île-de-France, France , 1994. The current members are MkM (vocals) and Set (guitars). According to a recent interview with MkM, Antaeus will never play live again after their tour with Secrets of the Moon . They remain active as a recording band with the "incomplete" line-up and probably a session drummer in the future. They have released three full-length albums: Cut Your Flesh and Worship Satan (2000), De Principii Evangelikum (2002), Blood Libels (2006). MkM used to run Spikekult Productions and took part in establishing Norma Evangelium Diaboli.
(3) Alternative rock band from Smithtown, USA. Tyler Liers (lead guitar/vocals), Brian Kassay (rhythm guitar/lead vocals), Julie Tarry (drums), and Hannah Havemann (bass). Influences: Weezer, The Beatles. www.freewebs.com/antaeusrock
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.