1994 – present (24 years)
- Jochen Stock (1998 – present)
Angizia, founded in 1994 by Michael Haas (also known as Engelke), is an avantgarde group from Vienna. It can be defined as a mixture of 19th century operetta, Central European folk music with a little touch of gothic dramatism and a bit of metal as well. All band members are highly skilled musicians, often conservatory schooled, including Jochen Stock of Dornenreich, Christof Niederwieser of Korova and Korovakill, and multi-band drummer Moritz Neuner.
Their first work, Die Kemenaten scharlachroter Lichter (1997) was accepted positively by critics. The band's next work was the "Russian trilogy" consisting of the albums Das Tagebuch der Hanna Anikin, Das Schachbrett Des Trommelbuben Zacharias and 39 Jahre für den Leierkastenmann. "39 Jahre für den Leierkastenmann" (subtitled "Ein Stück für die Judenstadt") is a play of three acts that narrates the misfortunes of four Russian and Jewish musicians during World War II. In 2004 they released Ein Toter Fährt Gern Ringelspiel (limited edition). The band released "Kokon. Ein schaurig-schönes Schachtelstück" in 2011, and released their last album to date, "Des Winters finsterer Gesell" in March 2013.
* Kissarna (demo), 1994
* Mysterious Realms / Heidebilder (split with Amestigon), 1996
* Die Kemenaten Scharlachroter Lichter, 1997
* Das Tagebuch der Hanna Anikin, 1997
* Das Schachbrett Des Trommelbuben Zacharias, 1998
* 39 Jahre Für Den Leierkastenmann, 2001
* Ein Toter Fährt Gern Ringelspiel, 2004
* kokon. Ein schaurig-schönes Schachtelstück, 2011
* Des Winters finsterer Gesell, 2013
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.