There is more than 1 band named Albatross
1. A traditional heavy metal band from India with horror and theatrics themed songs (like Mercyful Fate, King Diamond)
2. A band from Kathmandu, Nepal, formed in the late 1990s. Their first album "Hi:Fly" is held dear and remembered with nostalgia within the Nepali underground.
3. A progressive rock band from Baltimore, Maryland, US.
4. A post-postmodern indie pop band from Chicago, Illinois.
5. An art-rock band from Northeastern Ohio
6. A blues rock band from San Francisco
7. A heavy metal band from Japan.
8. A nu metal band from Japan.
9. An experimental electronic duo from Australia.
10. An ambient/post rock band from Dunedin, New Zealand.
11. A rock / post-rock/post hardcore band from Rennes, France.
1. Albatross (India)
It started out as a solo project of Riju Dasgupta the bassist from Workshop and old monks. Now evolved into an amazing monster of a live band. The songs are based on horror and tragic stories with characters & drama. The band is planning to release their debut album in late 2015. More details at https://www.facebook.com/albatrossindia
Albatross is: | Biprorshee Das - Vocals | Vigneshkumar Venkatraman - Guitars | Nishith Hegde - Guitars | Varun Singh - Guitars | Jay Thacker - Drums | Dr. Hex - Bass |
2. Albatross (Nepal)
Shirish (vocals), Sunny (guitar), Diwas (guitar), Avaya (bass), Dipesh (drums)
4. Albatross (Chicago)
Formed in 2006 at a basement in South Chicago, Albatross consists of Matthew Noonan (Bass), Nick Nylen (Guitar), Nnamdi Ogbonnaya (Drums, Percussion), and Julie Popelka (Vocals and Trumpet). Original drummer Sam Nylen left the band in 2007, leading to a shift from a more traditional rock sound to their signature frenetic indie pop. Albatross self-released two EPs, 'On The Rooftop' and 'EP', before releasing their debut album, 'Bugs, Berfday, Gum', produced by Dan Smart (formerly of Probably Vampires) in December 2009. The band released a new EP, "Old Hat EP", in December 2010.
5. Albatross (Kent, OH/Geneva, PA)
Described as a fusion of alt-rock energy, post-rock reflection and modern metal aggression, the band has created ambitious musical journeys intended to envelope the listener. Although rhythmic drive in the rock and metal tradition serves as a sturdy foundation for the band's sound, a striking blend of experimentation and melody is the key to the atmosphere and direction of the music as a whole.
6. Albatross (Frisco)'s first album "Blues Landing" hit #1 on the Amazon charts and in Canada. Songs from the album are used on MTV's reality shows "Made" and others.
7. Albatross (Japan #1)
A short lived heavy metal band from the 1990's, active in the early visual kei scene. Appears to have only released one full length album, 1992's "Are You Hungry?", and apparently disbanded shortly afterwards.
8. Albatross (Japan #2)
A nu metal-influenced band active throughout the 2000's, and appears to have been a completely different band from the one a decade before. Released a few albums and disbanded by 2006.
11. Albatross (France)
A rock / post rock band active since 2012, from Rennes, France.
Influences : Thrice, Foo Fighters, Mogwai, The Pookies, La Dispute, Hot Water Music, Sparta, Brand New, Northlane, Defeater
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.