Set 11 2014, 8:11 di Dunnemin
Apr 17 2013, 9:42 di AfterglewFrom my blog's Best Music of 2010 post:
20. Envy - Recitation
19. Autolux - Transit Transit
18. Minus the Bear - OMNI
17. Kylesa - Spiral Shadow
16. Torche - Songs for Singles
15. Holy Fuck - Latin
14. The Ocean - Heliocentric/Anthropocentric
13. Field Music - Field Music (Measure)
12. The Walkmen - Lisbon
11. Black Mountain - Wilderness Heart
10. The Unwinding Hours - The Unwinding Hours
9. Retribution Gospel Choir - 2
8. Swans - My Father Will Guide Me Up a Rope to the Sky
7. Amplifier - The Octopus
6. Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit
5. Crippled Black Phoenix - I, Vigilante
4. Menomena - Mines
3. Anathema - We're Here Because We're Here
2. Shearwater - The Golden Archipelago
1. Oceansize - Self Preserved While The Bodies Float Up
Gen 20 2013, 9:51 di leeistiredNot got out to many gigs this year. Contemplated Jay-Z and Kanye, but it was crazy money.Would have loved to have seen Grandaddy return too, but I was getting married later in the week and was kinda busy. Hopefully they'll be back to the UK soon.
Top 5 Gigs
1. Graham Coxon at the Rescue Rooms.
2. Field Music at the Social.
2. Ben Folds Five at Rock City.
4. Gemma Hayes at the Social.
5. Twilight Sad at Stealth.
Top 5 Albums
1. The Sound Of The Life Of The Mind by Ben Folds Five.
2. A+E by Graham Coxon.
3. An Awesome Wave by alt-J.
4. Lonersim by Tame Impala.
5. In Our Heads by Hot Chip.
Gen 9 2013, 11:05 di KuriousBanana
Gen 1 2013, 12:37 di JyotiMishraSoooo much great new hip hop this year, a lot of it UK! Not much shouty metal, more pop punkness. But, as ever, if an album appears anywhere on here, no matter what position, it's a winner as I had to cut out at least 25 albums I loved this year.
Ladies and gentlemen: THE BEST ALBUMS OF 2012!
40. Field Music – Plumb
FM’s trademark skewed popness really marks them out as the modern-day XTC. Catchy but you don’t quite know how because it’s never easy listening.
39. With the Punches – Seams & Stitches
Frenetic, urgent pop punk. Some of the lyrical themes remind me of The Wonder Years but WTP are a bit more raw, a bit more angry.
38. Ka – Grief Pedigree
I love the eclecticism of this. Just awesome hip hop, check it out.
37. Metric – Synthetica
Dic 31 2012, 23:52 di spidrwegian
Dic 30 2012, 11:03 di Dumbangel1. Beach House - Bloom
2. Rufus Wainwright - Out Of The Game
3. The Explorers Club - Grand Hotel
4. David Myhr - Soundshine
5. Chromatics - Kill for Love
6. Dodgy - Stand Upright In A Cool Place
7. Redd Kross - Researching The Blues
8. Nick Waterhouse - Time's All Gone
9. Jens Lekman - I Know What Love Isn't
10. Field Music - Plumb
11. The Beach Boys - That's Why God Made the Radio
12. Shoes - Ignition
13. Menahan Street Band - The Crossing
14. Guillemots - Hello Land!
15. Allah-Las - Allah Las
16. Rival Sons - Head Down
17. Donald Fagen - Sunken Condos
18. The Greg Foat Group - Girl And Robot With Flowers
19. The Junipers - Paint the Ground
20. Bryan Scary - Daffy's Elixir
Dic 26 2012, 3:50 di bowen77Well, 2012 - it's sad to see you go. Thanks for not killing us all, and for leaving us with some really great music. Of course, there were some missteps and disappointments (Animal Collective, Metric, Deerhoof, and Mountain Goats, among others) along the way, and, as tends to be the case, my ears failed to find the greatness of certain critically-acclaimed releases (including Frank Ocean, Swans, Kendrick Lamar, Grimes, and Tame Impala), but on the whole, you were more than good to us. From the 1234 tracks collected within my iTunes library over the past twelve months, I present here my favorite 25 albums and 50 songs; more so than in previous years, in 2012 I feel my list diverges from those assembled by other indie music enthusiasts. And so, we begin...
TOP 50 SONGS OF 2012
50. Claro Intelecto - Quiet Life
49. Leila - boudica
48. John Talabot - Oro y Sangre
47. Royal Headache - 2 Kinds of Love
46. Here We Go Magic - How Do I Know
45. Mount Eerie - Through The Trees pt. 2
44. Passion Pit - Carried Away
Dic 19 2012, 1:08 di jaaam
Dic 16 2012, 11:52 di samueljeronimoMais uma vez, aqui fica, não uma lista dos melhores álbuns de 2012, mas uma ordenação qualitativa de tudo quanto ouvi este ano. Nesse sentido institui um sistema de qualificação em dois planos: um geral, constituído por cinco níveis (de A a F), e um outro, respeitante a cada um desses cinco, constituído por outros três (de A a C).
Desta forma penso tornar-se mais óbvio aquilo que penso em relação a cada título, procurando atenuar diferenças entre, por exemplo, o primeiro e o último álbum classificados com AA, e realçá-las entre, por exemplo, o último álbum com a classificação AA e o primeiro com AB.
001. Field Music, Plumb (Memphis Industries; Art rock);
002. Tindersticks, The something rain (Constellation; Rock);
003. Magma, Félicité thösz (Seventh; Zeuhl);
004. Motorpsycho and Ståle Storløkken, The death defying unicorn (Rune Grammofon; Rock progressivo);
005. Leonard Cohen, Old ideas (Columbia; Rock, Pop);