10 août 2012, 13h43m par Sinnocents
1 jan. 2012, 18h03m par labvakarDziesmas
1. Jimmy Eat World - A Praise Chorus (2001) - 42 reizes
2. Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) (1997) - 40x
3. The Naked and Famous - Young Blood (2010) - 33x
4. The Cure - Friday I'm in Love (1992) - 29x
5. The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound (2008) - 28x
6. The Lonely Island - Jack Sparrow (feat. Michael Bolton) (2011) - 27x
7. Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall (2011) - 27x
8. Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run (1975) - 26x
9. Bryan Adams - Summer of '69 (1984) - 26x
10. TV on the Radio - Will Do (2011) - 26x
11. Mr. Mister - Broken Wings (1985) - 25x
12. Pink Floyd - Mother (1979) - 24x
13. blink-182 - Dammit (1997) - 24x
14. Tommy James & The Shondells - Crimson and Clover (1968) - 23x
15. blink-182 - Down (2003) - 23x
16. Cut Copy - Need You Now (2011) - 23x
17. De La Soul - The Magic Number (1989) - 22x
18.The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black (1966) - 22x
19. Modern English - I Melt with You (1982) - 22x
11 mai 2011, 19h29m par CadsuaneSedaiTHIS LIST IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
OK, so these are the albums I own. I have been collecting music for years... and have inherited a lot from other family members. I will start with CDs, but may also add in the albums on vinyl and cassettes (wow, remember them?!)
They will be mostly older names, names from 80s and 90s with a few "modern" artists here and there. Yes! Yes! I know I need to branch out a bit more from the mainstream. That would be nice but I don't have as much money to spend these days. Not like I did when I was 18 / 19 / 20, when money grew on trees. :s
OK, here we go....
A | How Ace Are Buildings | Hi-Fi Serious | Teen Dance Ordinance
a-ha | Hunting High and Low | Scoundrel Days | Stay on These Roads
AFI | Sing the Sorrow | Decemberunderground
ABBA | Romance
Adam & The Ants | Dirk Wears White Sox
28 fév. 2010, 13h30m par stagea
27 déc. 2009, 19h46m par nensha
31 jui. 2009, 19h47m par concretedonkeyEquipment used to play vinyls: Pro-ject Carbon with the Ortofon 2M Red cartridge, generic Kenwood amplifier, Tannoy Revolution 8XT floor speakers (pictured below), Rega fono MM pre-amplifier.
My computer comes equpped with an old Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic sound card and foobar2000 is used for playback. Lossless (FLAC) is the norm in 'ere, although 1/3 of my digital music collection is still in mp3. I also have a spinclean for manual cleaning of the vinyls. Pain in the arse. Vinyl records are not likely to be scrobbled to last.fm. Gone are the compulsive days of early adulthood and nights with Universal Scrobbler.
My iPod 4g nano is the last of its kind that is able to scrobble. The sound quality is pretty bad, when compared to newer models. It's good for gym, though. Earphones - AKG K32something (the text is kinda worn out).
Planned upgrades: Ortofon 2M black cartridge, Synthesis Flame amplifier, proper biwire speaker cables. …
22 juin 2009, 21h07m par stylesr
5 mars 2009, 15h49m par DomovoiAlice (Tom Waits)
Born in the U.S.A. (Bruce Springsteen)
The End of the Innocence (Don Henley)
Marc Cohn (Marc Cohn)
Mike & the Mechanics (Mike & The Mechanics)
Reckless (Bryan Adams)
The River (Bruce Springsteen)
The Way It Is (Bruce Hornsby & the Range)
Scenes from the Southside (Bruce Hornsby & the Range)
Vagabond Heart (Rod Stewart)
29 jan. 2008, 20h42m par mdroel20
7 jan. 2007, 16h47m par FunkafonikHere's my list of favorite albums, listed by year of release, from 1980 to 1989.
These are general rankings of how I see them today and based on the Last.FM playcounts (2005-now) put through my formula:
Total of each Album's Song's (running time X playcount)
Album's Total Running Time
Thanks to MediaMonkey, that formula gives the Albums' REAL playcounts, taking every song's lenght/playcount into consideration. You'll see the result besides each albums, along with my 10* Rating, and total % these ratings give each Year.
Note that I haven't necessarily discovered and enjoyed all these albums on their released years, some I discovered years later. So these are also based on how important (to me) some of these albums were at the time.
(**) are the complete albums I was into at that time;
(*) are albums that contained only a few song(s) I was into or listened to;
and those without are albums I discovered years later.