Saturday 26 June 2010 at 2:00pm
450 West 15th Street, New York, NY, 10011, United States
Official party registration at http://thecreatorsproject.com/nyc
Registration is open until 11:59 p.m. on June 14.
The Creators Project event series—a roving global celebration—launches this summer on June 26, when The Creators rolls into 80,000-square-feet of display and performance space honeycombed throughout the legendary Milk Studios in New York’s Meatpacking District.
The event is going to be a groundbreaking combination of interactive art and installations, panels, workshops, screenings, and live performances. As much as The Creators Project is a digital archive of our digital world, it is also a testament to the enduring appeal of the Real. Many of the artists within the program explore the way that digitally manipulated images, sounds, and motions converge in real time, in real spaces.
Some things at the New York event you should watch out for…
• London’s UVA (United Visual Artists) will be installing several works including their truly awe-inspiring and rarely viewed Triptych. Stay tuned to the Creators Blog for some exciting news around a customized installation of the piece.
• Nick Zinner, guitarist of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, will also be installing a major image and sound composition—new creative territory for Zinner, who has been obsessed with a particular style of documentary photography for well over a decade. The piece also features a collaboration with Martyn Ware, music producer and founding member of The Human League.
• There will also be several screenings and “performances” of Spike Jonze’s newest film, the robot love-story I’m Here, complete with a special interactive video booth where viewers will be given the chance to record messages about the film directly to Spike.
• We’re also preparing a global installation with the LA-based directorial duo Radical Friend. Stay tuned for more information on their epic vision as we near the New York launch date in June.
• One last note: we will be inviting thousands to the New York launch. Stay tuned to this page for ticket information. The event is FREE to the Creator community. That means you.
Don't want to see ads? Subscribe now