How did you discover MeatLoaf?

• glasse escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 14 Abr 2007, 11:40

How did you discover MeatLoaf?

I found him quite a while ago when I was looking for stuff for "Meat Puppets" and he popped up and I loaded down the song "I Would Do Anything For Love". ^_^ I've listened to him ever after.

(I've Been Controlling my feelings for too long.)

Have YOU not yet acquired a BLOWTORCH? Then go get one TODAY!
    • dijdij escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 14 Abr 2007, 23:17
    I listened to my dad's Bat Out Of Hell albums on the computer a while ago, and got completely hooked on Wasted Youth. I have also got into his actual music, and at one point couldn't stop listening to Paradise My The Dashboard Light.

I want to live, and I want to love, I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of.
  • My father was a fan since Dead Ringer. I inherited his copy of Bat I on...cassette! I also got a copy of Welcome to the Neighborhood before CDs came on the scene.

• It was through my dad really. I'd Do Anything For Love came out just about the time I moved house and was on the radio a lot, and then my dad got Bat Out of Hell II on CD, and I caught him listening to it in the study one day (My mum isn't too keen on loud music, so he had to play it in the study so she couldn't here it) and was curious as to who it was. I also vaguely recognised one or two of the songs, as they'd been on the radio. As I liked the sound of one or two of the songs, I sneakily began to play it when my parents weren't around, like when i got home from school and they were still at work, and that was it. I was hooked. I used to listen to Bat II every day during my last few years of school as it was a great stress relief from all the work I did.

When I went to uni, I started buying his other albums and that was me sorted as a lifelong fan.

I like my music like I like my life. Everything louder than everything else!
    • Thun_V escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 May 2007, 11:12
    My dad had bat out of hell I/II, and i was hooked up ever since. Now i have completed the collection with bat out of hell III:D

You can't reach it...
    • nivthediv escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 May 2007, 12:08

my friends told me

i listened to bat out of hell, hated it, then loved it after a while

• pommie42 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 7 Jun 2007, 11:30
    I heard of Meat Loaf late. It was "Couldn't have said it better" that got me into him. Heard that song at a friends place and went straight home to find we had Hits Out Of Hell. I now have Bat 2 & 3 and the Very Best of Meat Loaf, searching for the other albums.

It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.
    • Fra_Baggy escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 12 Jul 2007, 20:54
    From Rocky Horror!!!

• I heard Paradise By The Dashboard Light on the radio. I loved it, so I just downloaded everything that I could find by him.

• [Usuario eliminado] escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Jul 2007, 21:33
    My Dad told me about the Bat Out Of Hell Live With The Melbourne Symphony Orchestra.

i listened and love it!

• (sorry for the pseudo-necro)
    I'm definitely one of the people who got into him late (about a month after Bat III came out), but dear god do I love his music now. One of my friends made a Hellsing AMV using 'The Monster is Loose', and as soon as I heard it, I went straight to Wiki to find out who the heck he was. I learned that my mom had actually listened to him when she was younger, and then I was even more intrigued. At the moment all I have is Bat III, but I've been looking to get my grubby hands on the first two Bat albums and possibly some other ones.

• Usuario
    • 6 Mar 2008, 9:05
    When I was 10 years old I had my first English lessons at school. Every week two kids had to bring a cd and choose a number so that we could translate the lyrics. Of course everyone brought a cd with top 40 music, but I brought my mum's Meat Loaf CD. I've listened to the CD before, but that was the moment I really got into him and it didn't take long before I could sing every song on that CD.

The first CD I've ever bought was my beloved "The Very Best Of Meat Loaf double CD." At that time for me a very expensive gain.

• heldk6 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 9 Mar 2008, 8:09
    Circa 1994.

My older cousins had Bat II. They played it nonstop.

I, in turn, couldn't do a thing without the lyrics being stuck in my head...especially to "Objects In The Rear View Mirror (may appear closer than they are)".

When I finally managed to get a CD player of my own, and right after I bought the Presidents of the USA's self-title (hey, that was stuck in my head too), I bought Bat II.

I haven't put that CD down in FOURTEEN years. And I never will...

• sithpt escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 14 Mar 2008, 16:55
    When he was on Strictly Come Dancing with Marion singing (or rather miming - figured that out after hearing the studio track)It's All Coming Back To Me Now. My little got Bat III for her Birthday and a month or so later I bought Bat I and II and have downloaded most of his other stuff since! I also saw him in Sheffield Arena last May, a brilliant concert. ;D

• PhenomV2 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 9 Abr 2008, 18:21
    I dont really know how I discovered him, I listened to Bayt Out of Hell, which was the first song of his I have listened to, and have never looked back, I reall like, Bat Out of Hell, I will do anything for Love, 2 out of 3 aint bad etc....

Gobberz's latest tweets

• Usuario
    • 16 May 2008, 21:22
    My Father is a fan of him.
    A few years ago i thought he is a bad artist but now i think he one of the best single artists !!!

• My Dad listens to ALOT of Meat loaf, So we hear more meatloaf around here then some days I think should be aloud by But I got complutly hooked on the epic wonderfulness that is meat loaf. His voice is amasing. And he fits the songs he sings. I just love it, what more can I say? Other than Meat Loaf Rocks.

• Galley99 escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 9 Jun 2008, 14:25
    It was my uncle Jon that first introduced me to Meat Loaf back in '77 when Bat Out of Hell was released. Meat Loaf has been my favorite singer ever since.
    Jon introduced me to a lot of classic rock, and he was a huge influence on me. He passed away last year at age 49, and my sister read a eulogy that I had written for him.

Peace, love and Monkeemobiles,
  • mmm...I must be one of 'those dad types mentioned above'

Discovered the great man back in the early eighties when Bat out of Hell was still in the charts.

Ageless music that I have now introduced to my daughters.

• sithpt escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 11 Jul 2008, 10:19

Strictly Come Dancing

When he performed It's All Coming Back To Me Now on the show with Marion Raven, I loved it. My younger sister then got Bat III for Christmas and I bought Bat I and II at the same time early the following year. :D

• Meat Loaf é do melhor rock clássico que existe

Desde 1967 até hoje este rolo de carne tem-nos deliciado com trabalhos do melhor rock, particularmente com o álbum ao vivo em Wembley. Bat out of hell forever.

• It's my Dad's fault...

I heard my Dad playing Meatloaf, Whitesnake, Deep Purple, etc, and fell in love with Mr Loaf's music. I then played it to my best mate and got her into it, too!

• My Dad always listened to Meat Loaf when I was younger. Recently, I watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show, which reminded me that I used to love him, and I started listening to his music again. He's definitely one of my favorite singers now.

• CaptSwan escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 15 Dic 2008, 14:57

Because of my Dad

I found him when I was 9. I saw the cover fo Bat out of Hell and I loved it. My dad recorded a cassette with the songs of the album, I heard them and I loved them, then I stared hearing groups lik Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons Project and others but Meat Loaf was my first contact with music from the "old days".

Of mankind we may say in general they are fickle, hypocritical, and greedy of gain.
    • jl-sohryu escribió...
    • Usuario
    • 24 Dic 2008, 15:55

From what I remember my parents used to have Bat Out Of Hell 2 and would play it quite a bit so I've been a fan from quite a young age.

Los usuarios anónimos no pueden escribir mensajes. Para participar en los foros inicia sesión o crea una cuenta.