3. Jan. 2011, 13:40 von Food_For_Cat
3. Nov. 2008, 13:45 von DarrenStockfordThe Golden Lion, Camden, 2 November 2008
When Chris Scruggs admitted in song that he was failing to heed warnings from friends, his local preacher and even God himself that his honky tonkin' lifestyle would get the best of him, he clearly hadn't experienced the Brits' take on the idea.
Forget being "out till four and up at six"; the guys and gals at the Golden Lion in Camden have it licked by staging their Honky Tonkin' Sundays in the late afternoon and early evening. The support play at 5.45pm; the headliners at 7pm. By 8.15pm, the (cowboy) hat has been passed round, the bands are pocketing their petrol money and everyone who fancies an early night can have one.
This evening's entertainment kicks off with a set from The Ely Plains, a Bucks/Berks-based four-piece whose alt-country base provides foundations for a stone-solid set of original, highly melodic tunes with strong hooks.
Anchored by a country fried Telecaster and occasionally coloured by mandolin and some heartfelt harmonica…
28. Jan. 2008, 21:42 von The_ThomasI thought it can be fun to write some journal here, on page which I use like 2 years. I was thinking 'bout what it may be. Some topics came into my head. That one is about best vocalists (in my opinion of course) in heavy music. There is no classification. Both categories has only one position. And there is no chance that I know every singer in the world. So here it goes (now it name is sorta like The Best Heavy Vocalist That I Know And Love):
Best Heavy Female Vocalist:
Anneke van Giersbergen (The Gathering, Agua de Annique)
Simone Simons (Epica) (Great hair.)
Tarja Turunen (Nightwish)
Marcela Bovio (Elfonía, Stream of Passion) (Amazingly clear voice. Love it! And it's so nice to listen when she talks between tracks on Stream of Passion DVD Live In the Real World. Cute and lovely.)
Mist or Mystique (Luca Turilli's Dreamquest) (I do not know who's that but definitely I love her.)
Jutta Weinhold (Zed Yago, Velvet Viper, Breslau, Weinhold)
Best Heavy Male Vocalists:
Timo Kotipelto (Stratovarius, Kotipelto)
6. Dez. 2007, 19:50 von DarrenStockfordhttp://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j189/MinkyKnights/MySpace%20pics/Tommy_Hale_Cookin_4.jpg
Dan Baird once joked that all his songs were about teenage runaways. For Tommy Hale, it's lost love.
"This is about a girl that left me. Pretty much every song is about a girl that left me."
Reassurance from bassist John is swift: "We won't leave you, Tommy!"
The introduction is for Miss Independence, a choice cut from Tommy's new album, Stolen Conversations, Three Chords And The Truth. The song sounds even more striking in a live setting, its falsetto hook a badge of the Texan performer's confidence.
An annual visitor to the UK, Tommy is midway through what he calls a "mini-tour", which includes two shows in London. On Monday, he opened an acoustic night at The Boogaloo in Highgate, playing to a stacked and stoked crowd, the likes of which I had no idea existed so early in the week.
Tonight, he's in Leytonstone…
5. Okt. 2006, 4:38 von 7secondsdeadok, i know i have posted this before somewhere else on a less temporary thing, but I never found all 74. I've named the obvious, see if you can find the not-so-obvious.
oh and if you don't see where i got it from, just ask.
The image got a bit chopped of near the end.
here's the website as well with the whole pic and zoom features
1. Dinosaur Jr.
2. Guns and Roses
5. The Pixies
8. Smashing Pumpkins
9. White Snake
10. Rolling Stones
11. Alice in Chains
14. Dead Kennedys
15. White Zombie
16. Pet Shop Boys
17. Blind Melon
18. Matchbook 20
19. iron madian
20. Black Flag
22. Skinney Puppy
25. Scissor Sisters
33. The Police
15. Mär. 2006, 22:22 von Mazonoooh my god, I think Im in love with Jorn Landes voice (in Ark )! I cant stop listening to the album: Burn the Sun I just play it over and over again! Im addicted :P
he also sings in: Masterplan Allen - Lande Jorn The Snakes Vagabond Mundanus Imperium Beyond Twilight Millenium I HAVE to check the last 5 out as soon as possible!