20. Jun. 2011, 12:47 von violante999
5. Mai. 2011, 20:21 von hannahpatriciaI am going back to Manchester for the Smiths/Morrissey disco night tomorrow so now is a good time to reveal my favourites by them/him and hope to be played tomorrow. In no particular order, my 10 favourite from each:
There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
Rush And A Push And The Land Is Ours
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
Hand in Glove
How Soon Is Now?
You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby
I Know It's Over
Death of a Disco Dancer
Life Is A Pigsty
Jack The Ripper
The Last of the Famous International Playboys
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Irish Blood, English Heart
I Have Forgiven Jesus
When everything else is going wrong then there is always Morrissey. Some of my favourite and most important lyrics are by him. Looking forward to dancing the night away in his honour!
21. Nov. 2010, 1:30 von Langungon01. The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead (1986)I Know It's Over
Bigmouth Strikes Again
There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
02. The Cure - Disintegration (1989)Plainsong
03. Pixies - Doolittle (1989) Here Comes Your Man
Monkey Gone to Heaven
04. The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses (1989)I Wanna Be Adored
She Bangs the Drums
05. Joy Division - Closer (1980)Isolation
Twenty Four Hours
06. U2 - The Joshua Tree (1987)Where the Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With or Without You
23. Aug. 2010, 12:01 von dochdasmesser
8. Mai. 2010, 12:54 von heysugarbabyTake ten bands/artists that should play at your show and determine their set lists:
• The first one plays 5 songs.
• The second one plays 5 songs.
• The third one plays 5 songs.
• The fourth one plays 7 songs.
• The fifth one plays 7 songs.
• The sixth one plays 7 songs.
• The seventh one plays 7 songs.
• The eighth one plays 10 songs.
• The ninth one plays 10 songs.
• The tenth one plays 14 songs, with a 2 song encore
Opening Band/Artist: Morningwood
1. Best of Me
4. Ride The Lights
Second Band/Artist: Rihanna
1. Rude Boy
2. Rockstar 101
3. Wait Your Turn
4. Fire Bomb
5. The Last Song
Third Band/Artist: The Smiths
1. Vicar in a Tutu
2. Bigmouth Strikes Again
3. How Soon Is Now?
4. Hand in Glove
5. There Is a Light That Never Goes Out
Fourth Band/Artist: Mika
1. Grace Kelly
2. Touches You
3. I See You
4. Lover Boy
5. By the Time
6. Happy Ending
7. We Are Golden
Fifth Band/Artist: The Smashing Pumpkins
1. Cherub Rock
26. Apr. 2010, 6:18 von lucyelenaLet us play!
1. Put your music player on shuffle.
2. Press forward for each question.
3. Use the song title as the answer to the question even if it doesn’t make sense.
These are my answers:
How are you feeling today?
Things Will Never Be The Same
How do your friends see you?
You Are The Light (by which I travel into this and that)
Will you get married?
Dog Days Are Over
What is your best friend’s theme song?
What is the story of your life?
This River Is Wild
What was high school like?
Set the Fire to the Third Bar
How can you get ahead in life?
Tram #7 to Heaven
What is the best thing about your friends?
What is tonight going to be like?
What is in store for the remainder of this weekend?
What song describes you?
Letter to Henslow
To describe your grandparents?
Leave Me Alone
How is your life going?
Causers of This
What song will they play at your funeral?
28. Mär. 2010, 18:58 von ThisElegantA Look Back At The Smiths Debut Album
It's all about sex you know!
No really...it is! Listen:
Early 1984, Interviewer; "It's been said that your songs are not so much 'love songs' as 'sex songs'..."
Morrissey; "Yes....though it sounds almost brutal, but....yes".
Ask anyone what The Smiths greatest album is and more often than not will come the reply 'The Queen Is Dead'. Morrissey and Marr both claim that it's 'Strangeways, Here We Come', but they're both well off the mark. For me, everything that is great about The Smiths, everything that raises them well above any other band or cultural phenomenon that has existed in my lifetime, is their eponymous debut album. Everything that, for me, defines The Smiths can be found within their debut album and the accompanying singles and B-sides....everything, in fact, pre-'Meat Is Murder'. From 'Meat Is Murder' onwards The Smiths became a different(though still magnificent) band, but
27. Jan. 2010, 20:55 von hohesmLast.FM Milestones1st track: (01 Jul 2006)
The Shins - New Slang
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/2206250.jpg1000th track: (06 Aug 2006)
Basshunter - Boten Anna (Club Mix)
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/48097299.jpg2000th track: (12 Sep 2006)
Genesis - Land of Confusion
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/57849673.png3000th track: (07 Oct 2006)
My Chemical Romance - You Know What They Do to Guys Like Us in Prison
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/57215091.png4000th track: (15 Nov 2006)
Razorlight - In the Morning
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/406522.jpg5000th track: (14 Dec 2006)
K.I.Z. - Wie ein Truthahn
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/604977.jpg6000th track: (11 Jan 2007)
The Shins - Caring Is Creepy
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/2206250.jpg7000th track: (26 Jan 2007)
Timo Räisänen - Goodbye Sad Songs
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/35957133.png8000th track: (20 Feb 2007)
1. Okt. 2009, 21:04 von Colin_in_Mexicohttp://lastfm.heathaze.org/randomSongStats.aspx
Monthly Top Artists
The Charlatans (67 plays)
Suede (110 plays)
David Gilmour (286 plays)
The Smiths (179 plays)
The Who (155 plays)
Pink Floyd (275 plays)
Pink Floyd (354 plays)
Blur (80 plays)
The Verve (308 plays)
The Verve (410 plays)
The Verve (976 plays)
The Verve (139 plays)
Radiohead (314 plays)
Radiohead (189 plays)
My Bloody Valentine (419 plays)
The Charlatans (216 plays)
My Bloody Valentine (352 plays)
Oasis (116 plays)
Oasis (134 plays)
The Stone Roses (232 plays)
The Charlatans (178 plays)
Ride (192 plays)
Lush (430 plays)
Ride (195 plays)
The La's (497 plays)
U2 (98 plays)
Spiritualized (235 plays)
22. Aug. 2009, 8:35 von HotJackRecommended Songs (sorted by most recommended songs)
In Bloom : Nirvana (Score = 106.18)
Taxi : Mia Vigar (Score = 89.83)
Tahiti : Bat for Lashes (Score = 84.83)
Lump Sum : Bon Iver (Score = 78.52)
Fifty on Our Foreheads : White Lies (Score = 77.99)
Stand Ins, Three : Okkervil River (Score = 76.23)
Country : Empire of the Sun (Score = 74.8)
Five Corporations : Fugazi (Score = 71.91)
Paint The Rust : The Dodos (Score = 71.7)
About To Happen : Siouxsie (Score = 71.37)
The Season : The Dodos (Score = 70)
Death on the Stairs : The Libertines (Score = 69.64)
Babies : Great Northern (Score = 69.04)
Nazanin : Good Shoes (Score = 68.3)
Up the Bracket : The Libertines (Score = 68.17)
Here Comes the King : Golden Silvers (Score = 65.73)
Stockholm Syndrome : Milburn (Score = 65.5)
Cul-De-Sac : Filthy Dukes (Score = 65.32)
The Story I Heard : Blind Pilot (Score = 64.61)
Messages : Filthy Dukes (Score = 64.4)