17. Apr. 2009, 6:59 von muteoff
2. Jul. 2008, 6:02 von VegeduckOver the course of the past several months, i've decided that Talking Heads has to be my favorite band. The band is so quirky, so diverse, and yet so technically solid that it's hard to fully comprehend the impact they've had on music as a whole.
So, as i've done with some of my favorite bands, i've compiled what I feel is my definitive top fifty songs list for them. A couple of my choices might be considered odd by other Heads aficionados, particularly the rather low (in most people's opinions) placing of "This Must Be the Place" and several of my entries into the top ten. Unless otherwise noted, the version of the song on my list is from the original album the song appeared on. But alas, Here we go!
50. Slippery People
49. I Wish You Wouldn't Say That
48. Radio Head
47. Love for Sale
45. With Our Love
42. Memories Can't Wait
41. Stay Hungry
40. The Girls Want to Be With the Girls
39. Wild Wild Life
11. Feb. 2008, 19:26 von mikeroach113
18. Feb. 2006, 15:34 von huddyhippoThe pop renaissance continues. Plus, some surprises in the form of old, forgotten favourites.
Eleven Favourites Of The Moment
If you download this and fail to see the absolute amazingness of this song, then, obviously, you’re a damn fucking liar. And I will be utterly CRUSHED by your false, despicable thoughts.
I posted a while back about songs that provoke a sort of awestruck-spiritual emotion in me - this THE one, the Big One for me. Unfortunately I don’t understand Tamil so I don’t know what the words are, but the sheer mood of the song and the interplay between the male and female vocals are superb. I… I don’t know what to say. It’s one of those songs that you want to share with everyone, and you want them to <b>get</b> it and understand it and love it as much as you do.
One of my happiest moments was a few weeks ago, when someone I shared it with called it breathtaking, joyous, glorious. It is. It is.