6. Mai. 2009, 18:03 von maarten325
21. Nov. 2007, 12:54 von SepulchreFri 16 Nov – Ryan Adams & The Cardinals, Ryan Adams
So, I finally got to see the great Ryan Adams live, playing music. With the Cardinals of which we must of course mention. Official artist name: Adams and The CardinalsRyan Adams and The Cardinals
Let's get the unimportant if interesting stuff out the way first. Sartorially again he's borderline irritating. A cool black leather jacket and then a bobble hat. A bobble hat. I knew it was fecking freezing in London this weekend but inside it aint.
The first quarter was a bit of a rush through to be honest. Ryan didn't say anything in between songs. And to be honest his musical variations of the recorded to the live put me off somewhat. I can see why the critics latch onto this, he's so damn good that he can completely change the essence of a tune but because it's never better than the original it's irritating. In fact I'd say it's borderline showing off. Fair enough if it's good and not just bathetic.
20. Jul. 2007, 22:53 von lifelovemusic1. What are you listening to right now?
This Is It
2. What song makes you sad?
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
4. Your all-time favorite band?
5. Your newly discovered band is?
TV on the Radio, Spoonand Wilco
6. Best female voice?
7. Best male voice?
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
Classic Rock or alt-rock, whatever that means
9. What do you listen to to hype you up?
Alice in Chains
10. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now?
13. Most hated band?
14. Song that makes you think?
15. Band that you think the world should love as much as you do?
16. Coolest music video?
November Rain or The Scientist
17. Music video with the most babe watch?
Makes Me Wonder
17. Jul. 2007, 10:26 von ffarffWhat is it about Ryan Adams that makes me feel comfortable?
I grew up with country music in the house but its not just that.
Listening to Sit And Listen To The Rain, Wish You Were Here, Wish You Were Here, Sylvia Plath or the ol' favourite of everyone When The Stars Go Blue just calms me down so much.
But then Valhalla,Love Is Hell, This Is It, Note To Self: Dont Die fire me up completely.
He's so good, he has a song for every moment on your life and every mood, and they all fit perfectly. Honest and heart-felt.
I hope he releases his average 2 albums per a year for a long time to come.
10. Okt. 2006, 15:26 von KuutarI think I’ve done this before, but I’ll do this again, ‘cause my chart has changed since.
Name your top 10 most played artists on Last.fm:
1. Ryan Adams
2. Neko Case
3. Tori Amos
4. Mikko Mäkeläinen & Myrskylyhty
5. Tegan and Sara
7. Ryan Adams & The Cardinals
8. Beth Orton
9. Cat Power
10. The Murmurs
Now answer the questions according to the numbers:
What was the first song you ever heard by 6?
I’m not sure, but I think it was Only Happy When It Rains.
What is your favourite album of 2?
Fox Confessor Brings the Flood.
What is your favourite lyric that 5 has sung?
“I feel like I wouldn't like me if I met me
I feel like you wouldn't like me if you met me”
How many times have you seen 4 live?
About ten times I guess.
What is your favourite song by 7?
It’s hard to pick just one, I hate it. I could say just Let It Ride and it were true, but I want name more than one, so here’s few others as well:
9. Okt. 2006, 14:28 von KuutarPost your top fifteen bands/artists, the first song you heard of theirs, the song that made you fall in love, and your current favorite.
In some cases it is impossible for me to remember which was the very first song I heard, so I have to say the song that I remember hearing just before I actually got into that band/artist or something like that. And I have to say that there’s a few bands/artists I don’t actually love, I’ve just listened to them in some point a lot...
1. Ryan Adams
First song I heard: This is impossible to remember, but I say This Is It, ‘cause it must’ve been one of the first ones.
Song that made me fall in love: I could name any song on Heartbreaker, but I pick Oh My Sweet Carolina
Current favourite: Elizabeth, You Were Born To Play That Part
2. Neko Case
First song I heard: Porchlight
Song that made me fall in love: Hold On, Hold On
Current favourite: Same as above.
3. Tori Amos
First song I heard: Playboy Mommy is the first I remember hearing.