15. Mär. 2006, 9:25 von zn
13. Mär. 2006, 14:13 von SocialEnemyOn Friday just past, I went into the city (specifically the Enigma Bar) and saw Psycroptic perform. They were impressive and quite the pleasure to thrash my head around to. So impressed I was, my mate and I purchased one of their albums. I can't remember which, however, because he took it home, the prick.
Anyway, great gig. I recommend them to those who enjoy lots of death in their metal.
5. Mär. 2006, 9:54 von FlahI see a few other folks are doing this, might as well add mine.
Albums will be updated when I get them.
Finally, a big thanks to all the people that keep me up to date and suggest cool new things to check out. You're fueling my horrible addiction.
Aborym - Generator
Abysmal Torment - Epoch of Methodic Carnage
The Advantage - Elf Titled
Akercocke - Words That Go Unspoken, Deeds That Go Undone
Akimbo - Forging Steel and Laying Stone
Ampere/Sinaloa - Split
Amorphis – Eclipse
Angmar - Metamorphosis
The Appleseed Cast - Perregrine
Art of falling – Extending Behind this Shape
Atavist - Atavist
Bal Sagoth - The Chtonic Chronicles
Band of Horses – Everything All the Time
Belenos - Chants De Bataille
Belong - October Language
Benighted - Identisick
Betrayed/Champion – Split
Bibio – Hand Cranked
James Blackshaw - O' True Believers
Blind Guardian – Fly
Cannibal Corpse – Kill
Cardinale - 31:13
Cat Power - The Greatest
4. Mär. 2006, 7:39 von magnumforce2006I registered and set up my plugin for last.fm back in March 1st, 2005. 14,176 tracks later... I can see it's been a good year since then, with new discoveries, and unearthing old favorites. At first, I viewed last.fm as a hindrance or obligation to my music listening experience... But now I see it as a clear enhancer, encouraging me to listen to artists I like that aren't in my top 50, and immediately viewing some of my more favored music so that I might reevalute it.
Just a quick comparison... Here's my top ten from the very first week of having last.fm.
1. Cephalic Carnage
3. Lykathea Aflame
4. He Is Legend
6. All That Remains
7. The Good Life
10.The Mars Volta
vs. my current top 10
1. Sufjan Stevens
3. Intestine Baalism
4. Cephalic Carnage
5. The Beatles
6. Thomas Newman
2. Mär. 2006, 21:13 von elnimioTechnical Death Metal owns (I will include some death bands that aren't necessarily labeled as technical death metal but are extremely technical nonetheless:
Theory In Practice
Domination Through Impurity
Spawn of Possession
Garwall (technical black metal)
The Dying Light
Beneath the Massacre
Pitbulls in the Nursery
28. Feb. 2006, 23:20 von scribesBoredom strikes again... here's a list of my top 50 minus a couple bands that I should have never listened to.
Necrophagist - Germany
Nile - United States
Decapitated - Poland
Arch Enemy - Sweden
Opeth - Sweden
The Black Dahlia Murder - United States
Nevermore - United States
Psycroptic - Australia
Diablo - Finland
Stabwound - Sweden
Carcass - United Kingdom
Death - United States
Meshuggah - Sweden
Visceral Bleeding - Sweden
Goratory - United States
Sleep Terror - United States
The Project Hate MCMXCIX - Sweden
Origin - United States
Darkane - Sweden
Yyrkoon - France
Emeth - Belgium
Dam - United Kingdom
Summon - United States
Vile - United States
Divine Empire - United States
Exodus - United States
Severed Savior - United States
Gorgasm aka Gorod - France
Dew-Scented - Germany
Iniquity - Denmark
All Shall Perish - United States
Bolt Thrower - United Kingdom
Lamb of God - United States
Holy Moses - Germany
The Absence - United States
Construcdead - Sweden
23. Feb. 2006, 16:41 von infernosilverhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v247/InfernoSilver/Abominations/Web/HallofHyenas.jpg
What the hell... everyone else here has one of these damn things, I might as well toss my severed head into the ring as well... I'm not saying that every band on this list shows up in my wet dreams, they're all just worthy of a listen, if nothing else. They may only have a song or 2 that I like, or they may be one of my favorite bands ever. Those greatest of heroes, the best of the best (OK, just my personal favorites, or ones I want to get more attention for some reason, or just whatever's been rattling my snake this week) will be listed in bold - like that. Anyway, enough foreplay, let's ride...
( A )
The Abominable Iron Sloth
Against the Plagues
7. Feb. 2006, 14:33 von orphy!T.O.O.H.! - Order And Punishment (Rád A Trest) (7/10)
The Acacia Strain - The Dead Walk (6/10)
Average metalcore, really heavy though. Not as good as their debut.
Agalloch - Against the Grain (7/10)
Mixed feelings about this one. The first two tracks are incredible, great for rainy days. From here it goes a bit down hill and is just average from there on.
Agathocles - Mincer (7/10)
These guys need no introduction. Straight up grindcore that sounds disgusting. Rather enjoyable.
Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side (8/10)
A lot better than their last release, this one is full of fury and countered with melody. Very addicting.
Anata - The Conductors Departure (8/10)
Fine technical death metal. Full of dual guitars which create a very chaotic yet harmonic atmosphere.
Atheretic - Apocalyptic Nature Fury (7/10)
Aurora Borealis - Relenquish (7/10)
Axis of Advance - Purify (8/10)
Well done EP from the masters. Not as good as Strike, but still very solid.
29. Jan. 2006, 17:44 von scribesKalmah - The Black Waltz
Decapitated - Organic Hallucanosis *
Kataklysm - In the Arms of Devastation *
All Shall Perish
Spawn of Possession - Noctambulan
Psycroptic - Symbols of Failure
Yyrkoon - Unhealthy Opera
Krisiun - Assassination *
God Among Insects
The Project Hate
My Darkest Hate
In Flames - Come Clarity *
Emeth - Reticulated
Koldborn - The Uncanny Valley
* - already leaked on the internet, but not officially released
Feel free to leave a comment or two if you know any bands with upcoming '06 albums.
19. Jan. 2006, 9:34 von mvikredI've got myself totally into this genre now.... ive been listening to mostly tech death bands since a month now. Necrophagist, Decapitated, Death , Atheist, Cryptopsy , Beneath the Massacre , Domination Through Impurity, Psycroptic, Pavor are a few to name. All have amaing music , compositions ,time shifts , insane drumming and everything there is to showcase the musical genius in every band. I've come across this new tech death band called Coprofago , jus today and trust me its totally amazing. other than this i've got myself into Rushand i dont know why , but they sound amazing now , compared to how i felt wen i heard them first time. I started listening to rush jus for neil pert's groovy drumming. I wanted to learn something from the maestro himself. Once u start understanding music .. there's a whole new set of ideas to explore. u gotta start listening to these amazing bands , if u havent then u r missing out the best experience a person can have :D