3. Aug. 2015, 17:54 von S4EEDR3ZA
15. Jul. 2012, 7:55 von Phazoen
16. Sep. 2011, 14:27 von Scantily
25. Mai. 2010, 11:38 von MrChrizzly
11. Apr. 2010, 16:56 von Scantily1. Buying New Soul
3. Dark Matter
4. Stop Swimming
5. Heartattack in a Layby
6. Collapse the Light Into Earth
7. A Smart Kid
8. Russia on Ice
9. Rainy Taxi
10. Sleep Together
Others that were close but couldn't make the top 10:
The Moon Touches Your Shoulder
Glass Arm Shattering
Feel So Low
Drown With Me
Wake as Gun I
Lips of Ashes
8. Jan. 2009, 13:05 von aquadoniaOkay. I only have access to this computer and my MP3's a couple times a week (I am computerless at home), and since I'm too poor for an iPod, I listen to CD's at home or on my Discman when I'm not around. (Yes. I said Discman. :oP) This naturally means that there is a lot of music that goes unaccounted for, or uncharted, here on my Last FM profile.
I decided that I'd start keeping track of what I listened to when I'm away and post about it in a weekly journal. As I track what I listen to, I try to mark the approximate start time of when I began listening to something. So far, I've been pretty good with this, but I'm on my first week. We'll see how well I keep up with that, or any of this, by March 1st. LOL
Anyway, without further ado, the first installment of...
Week 1 - January 1st - 6th, 2009
[9:30-ish PM : The Smashing Pumpkins - Machina/The Machines of God
*Note: Listened to track 3, Stand Inside Your Love, twice in a row before moving on to track 4 and the rest of the album. …
26. Dez. 2008, 3:29 von Hawk-Eyes
26. Aug. 2008, 20:18 von kimrazs
26. Mai. 2007, 17:35 von Evanmwhat a lame entry right anyway these are the songs that are the most jam packed with pure emotion (be it hate or sadness or joy or whatever) that I have heard
Pain of Salvation - A Trace Of Blood
Probably Danny G.'s best vocal performance outside of "Reconciliation" and the story behind it is heart wrenching, just read the lyrics.
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Sleep
Over 20 minutes long and instrumental, but it somehow manages to provoke immense feeling in me.
Porcupine Tree - A Smart Kid
I'm not 100% sure what this song means exactly but it's one of those that anyone can make a personal connection to.
Porcupine Tree - Buying New Soul
Invokes a sense of longing and regret and all this other stuff that just makes me go :(
maudlin of the Well - Bizarre Flowers/A Violent Mist
Of all the motW songs that fit this journal entry this one just stands out, the opening with the bells and everything is stunning.
Burzum - Der weinende Hadnur
26. Okt. 2006, 19:48 von stopswimming(Another catch-up post ...)
We drove over to Cambridge to see Porcupine Tree play at The Junction, meeting up with burbleflop beforehand. This was the warm-up date at the start of the tour, and so we had no support band, but it was very exciting as we had no idea what they'd play :)
It was very much an evening of two halves - the first half of the set was the live premiere of all new material they're working on for their next album, and while it's hard to take in so much new music at once, it sounded pretty damn good to me :) One surprise was Steven Wilson playing piano on stage for a couple of the songs (with Richard Barbieri still playing synths), not just guitar. I remember thinking one of the new songs sounded quite like Blackfield, but the rest were very much Porcupine Tree - a continuation of the direction they've been following through In Absentia and Deadwing, but they felt more complex rhythmically perhaps. Or maybe that's just because we were hearing them for the first time.