Nu:Tone (real name Dan Gresham) is a drum and bass artist on the Hospital Records label. His musical style is generally drum and bass, but has much more in common with liquid funk, one of the many sub-genres of drum and bass.
Born in 1976, Nu:Tone started playing piano at the age of 8, and joined Jesus College choir in Cambridge a year later. He studied music at Durham University, and while having secured a college radio show, met a young John B. They shared broadcasts, established a local clubnight called "Substance", and Dan went on to engineer studio sessions for John. Dan's mutual collaborations and growing friendship with John led to a debut vinyl release on John B's Beta Recordings label in 2001 ('Grand Central' / 'The Boss').
Since signing to Hospital in 2003, Nu:Tone has come through the ranks to become a highly respected producer, with other drum & bass producers & DJs such as LTJ Bukem and Dillinja playing his tunes in their DJ sets. He also introduced his brother Matt (also known as Logistics) to drum & bass production through their collaboration Nu:Logic, which led to Matt also being signed to Hospital Records.
His debut album Brave Nu World was released in 2005, with the drum & bass community greatly supporting it. DJs such as Norman Jay, M.B.E and Tom Middleton made Nu:Tone a favourite of their eclectic sets. Off the back of this success, Nu:Tone has taken his DJing all over the world, from USA to Asia to Australia. He has also remixed tracks from Alice Russell and Quantic, and has produced a track for Jenna G.
Nu:Tone's most recent release is Back Of Beyond, released on Hospital Records on June 18, 2007. It features guest artists such as Talc, Logistics, Commix, Pat Fulgoni, Natalie Williams, and Ernesto. It was released on LP, CD, and as a MP3 download from Hospital's web site.
Dan Gresham (Nu:Tone) is also a fully ordained priest within the Church Of Universal Acceptance.
* Grand Central/The Boss (12") (Beta Recordings, 2001)
* e.Spresso / Chupa Meus Samples (12") (Chihuahua Records, 2001)
* 123Fm/Get It On (12") (Tangent Records, 2003)
* Our House/GMAS (12") (Brand:Nu Recordings, 2003)
* Vital Organ (12") (Soul:R, 2003)
* What Goes Around Comes Around/Don't Go Changing (12") (New ID, 2003)
* Jazm (taken from Jazz&Bass Session IV CD/LP) (New ID, 2004)
* Breathless/Feel It (12") (Hospital Records, 2004)
* Millies Theme (taken from The Future Sound of Cambridge EP) (Hospital Records, 2004)
* Three Bags Full/Strange Encounter (12") (Hospital Records, 2005)
* Seven Years/Stay Strong (12") (feat Nat Williams) (Hospital Records, 2005)
* Brave Nu World (LP/CD) (Hospital Records, 2005)
* Three Bags Full (12") (Hospital Records, 2005)
* Upgrade (12") (Hospital Records, 2006)
* Boy Who Lost His Smile (taken from The Future Sound of Cambridge 2 EP) (Hospital Records, 2006)
* Beliefs (feat Pat Fulgoni) (12") (Hospital Records, 2007)
* Back of Beyond (LP/CD) (Hospital Records, 2007)
* System (Matrix and Futurebound Remix)/The Second Connection (12") (Hospital Records, 2007)
* Medical History (Hospital Records 2008)
* Lenny Fontana - "Spread Love" (Hospital Records)
* Jenna G & Phuturistix - "Beautiful" (Hospital Records)
* London Elektricity - "Different Drum" (Hospital Records)
* Roni Size - "Strictly Social" (V Records)
* TC1 and Stress Level - "Take Control" (Renegade)
* Ikon (2) - "Vai E Vem" (jalapeño)
* London Elektricity - "Fast Soul Music" (Hospital Records)
* Shapeshifter (6) - "Long White Cloud" (Truetone)
* 4 Hero - "Look Inside" (Raw Canvas Recordings)
* Shy FX & T Power - Feelings (Digital Soundboy)
* Lenzman - "Caught Up" (Spearhead Records)
Künstlerbeschreibungen auf Last.fm können von allen bearbeitet werden. Du kannst dich gerne beteiligen.
Sämtliche von Benutzern eingestellte Texte auf dieser Seite sind unter der Creative-Commons-Attribution/Share-Alike-Lizenz verfügbar. Es können weitere Bedingungen zutreffen.