26. Jan. 2011, 1:42 von maldoror1975
21. Jul. 2009, 12:00 von simple_Betternotes for future post:
1.track the invisible somehow reminds of The Legendary Pink Dots, especially vocal
2.Kreuzer's new EP Lilium - to find out about last track. A review.
3.about last purchases.
4.Long Fin Killie. What happened with Valentino disc and how much i miss it.
5. Magazine.one of the first alboms (or even debut? to check) Secondhand Daylight Came from the same source as Long Fin Killie (that means from Tsipy.
Conseptual one, of coarse. Two "thematic" tracks, Feed the Enemy at the begining, and it's twin, Permafrost at the end. . Ironically aggressive songs about human nature, all full of disappointment together with happy synth and catchy rythm and mean punk like vocal in the middle. Beautiful instrumental cut an album a two(a two I should say? to two? for two? or there is no such form in english? Ok anyway if somebody wants to give me a free lessson - you're welcome)
The Thin Air in the middle of album . …
14. Feb. 2009, 17:26 von Thelonious9Fri 13 Feb – Magazine, Ipso Facto
Even with five minutes to go and their intro music playing, I can’t quite believe that all the surviving members of Magazine are about to walk on stage and start playing. Being slightly too young to have caught them the first time round, I’d boxed them up in the “all-time favourites I’ll never see live” category. Hearing Howard Devoto’s voice introducing their arrival and then the band cranking into The Light Pours Out Of Me was just a little bit special.
Some friends who’d seen them the night before, and who had caught them first time round, said it was as if they’d never been away. On tonight’s evidence, I’m happy to believe them. Not a creak, barely a bum note, and not a hint of nostalgia. It helps that they always seemed like a “mature” band anyway, even in their youth. Lots of Howard’s lyrics (some of the best ever allied to a rock song, I might add) look back as if from middle-age – “time flies/time crawls” “I don’t know whether I ever knew…
25. Nov. 2008, 1:52 von schwarzzI miss making mixes, so I made another FALL mix for myself of music that I've been in the mood for lately, mostly songs that I discovered in the last year. It's pretty dark and bleak, but then Autumn is a pretty dark and bleak time for me lately, before the icy and beautiful promise of the Winter snows start to cover the land and gets me dreaming of the Next Ice Age.
01. The Gimp (Sometimes)
02. Sometimes I Dream I'm Hurting You
03. Sticks & Stones
06. shrunken man
07. Am I Only Jesus?
08. Hold on to Yourself
10. Human Experiment
11. Cubic Caesar
12. I'd Rather Be Your Enemy