13. Mai. 2012, 6:54 von Mark_H
17. Sep. 2011, 13:53 von Mark_H
27. Nov. 2010, 17:44 von florianblaschkeMeant as an indication of my current taste (not that it has changed a real lot in the past few years, compare my profile on Pandora). These are all albums that I really, honestly enjoy without having to force myself or anything. I tried to limit the list to a single album per artist, but indicated cases where I found it really hard to decide.
Note that in most cases, I'm not familiar with the artist's entire back catalogue, so I'm probably missing out on a lot of great albums that I'd agree are better than the ones I'm listing here, so I'm far from claiming that those are the artist's best work overall in every case, but I'm confident that every album is a decent representation of the artist's work. Also note that I've left out a few albums that are still too new for me in my opinion to judge whether they belong into a list of all-time favourites. This is part of the reason why this list is slightly biased towards older albums, but not the only reason, as I do find myself preferring the early work of established acts in many cases. …
28. Aug. 2010, 19:09 von cyricthegodI was always skeptical about today's music for children. Even when I was a kid, I really hated the over-simplified structures of the songs, the idiotic lyrics and handicapped melodies, that try to be catchy, but only makes the listeners try to kill the "artist" who done this.
A few weeks ago, I accidentally watched a video called Jeah! Heviszaurus. And I thought: oh my god, what is this sh*t? Low cost Lordi from Hungary? And I couldn't be more wrong: first, the video was the hungarian remake of the original, and secondly, this band, Hevisaurus prove to be quite good. After listening to their second single, Viimeinen mammutti, I was convinced: I like Hevisaurus.
Unlike the hungarian version, where the 'band' had two quite deep, bluesy toned vocalist, the original had only one, high-pitched, a typical finnish/scandinavian heavy metal voice, and his voice fits the music a bit better, than his Central-European colleagues'. Musically…
10. Okt. 2009, 5:05 von ver_meer
20. Sep. 2009, 20:06 von Egg21The following is a list of all 597 artist I know of with “instrumental” and “metal” somewhere in the first 5 tags. This could be almost instrumental, post-metal. For more information see Last.fm artists search part 1
In average the play count is 87,070.3 and average number of listeners is 3945.4. The list is sorted by plays/listeners ratio.
#. artist name, plays/listeners = ratio, tag, tag, tag, tag, tag, streamable
1. Almond Eye: 825/5 = 165.0, progressive metal, instrumental, polish, great, favorite, 0
2. Piano Slayer: 1439/10 = 143.9, metal, rock, instrumental, finnish, niken turha tagi, 1
3. KONAMI 矩形波倶楽部: 1290/9 = 143.3, metal, rock, japanese, instrumental, hard rock, 0
4. Empires: 724402/6000 = 120.7, post-metal, post-rock, sludge, instrumental, rock, 0
5. Kemman: 12849/111 = 115.8, metal, rock, instrumental rock, post rock, instrumental, 1
6. Visit Me in the Frozen Torso Heap: 106/1 = 106.0, metal, hardcore, noise, instrumental, experimental, 0
6. Jul. 2009, 7:55 von LionheartattackStratovarius runttaa pitkän odotuksen jälkeen markkinoille timotolkittoman mahtilätyn nimeltä Polaris. Jo avausviisussa ja musavideobiisissä Deep Unknown kuullaan, että ehdasta Stratovariuksesta on kitarointi- ja säveltäjävastuun vaihtumisesta huolimatta edelleen kyse, joskin ehkä jälki on astetta progressiivisempaa kuin ennen. Kakkosraita, hard rockaava Falling Star taas olisi tyypillisempi hittibiisi. Sen koukut jäävät kerta heitolla mieleen ja kappale on yksinkertainen ja sinänsä ihan kiva välipala. Kuin alitajuisesti etsin tästäkin kappaleesta mahdollisia Tolkki-viittauksia ja luulen niitä löytävänikin: on huvittavaa ajatella, että kappaleen minä olisi juuri itse Timo Tolkki, the Falling Star.
Näistä kahdesta ensimmäisestä biisistä kaltaiseni tosifani saa jo irti hyvää musiikkia, mutta suuhun jää silti melko valju maku. Bändin menneisyys on kyllä tunnistettavissa sävellyksistä ja soitosta, mutta se ylin jykevyys ja mahtipontisuus on tiessään ja musiikki astetta popimpaa ja kokeilevampaa kuin aiemmilla levyillä.
23. Apr. 2009, 12:39 von castudilI use to listen powerful songs while i am jogging. Now that the good weather is coming and the Ottawa Marathon is at the corner I am thinking a little while about it. most of the time I listen to heavy metal, and when I am running, I specifically load powerful songs into my ipod.
It would be interesting to present here a list of songs I found porwerful, but instead of that I prefer to talk about some songs that has some special energy... like you will not stop running when you listen to them.
Without any doubt, Windrider is one of the most powerful songs I have ever listened to. Also Heresy in Disguise give me incredible energy.
Remember in the past I use to run with band like Creedence Clearwater Revival or Jens Johansson, but more and more i am on the (melodic) heaviest music I can find.
23. Aug. 2008, 22:52 von GrantRSTony MacAlpine / "The Violin Song" / Premonition (2) / 1994
Artist: Tony MacAlpine
Original Album: Premonition
Track: The Violin Song
It's going to take a relatively obscure instrumental to break the developing streak of heavy metal big hitters that has been developing at Song of the Day UK HQ.
Tony MacAlpine is known primarily as a guitar virtuoso, but also as a talented pianist and keyboardist. He has played the keys on early Vinnie Moore albums as well as the majority of his own and toured with Steve Vai primarily as keyboardist, yet for this track he steps aside from the keyboard to let Jens Johansson take over. With Tony Franklin providing bass as well, this ends up not only being a virtuoso show piece, but one of MacAlpine's most memorable 'solo' tracks.
30. Apr. 2008, 20:43 von tehBertIt makes me sad that that I will never see Stratovarius in concert ever again. They put on the loudest show I have ever been to. I hope Jens Johansson will forever remember my friend, 'jukkakhan', as the one with dead camera batteries who tried several times to get a picture with him. Hahahaha.
That is all.
"Would you wait for me Forever?"