13. Aug. 2013, 6:39 von glassofjaw
27. Aug. 2012, 3:34 von peadophile1. Belle & Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister
2. Tortoise - Millions Now Living Will Never Die
3. Modest Mouse - This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About
4. DJ Shadow - Endtroducing.....
5. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Murder Ballads
6. Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup
7. Beck - Odelay
8. The Wrens - Secaucus
18. Mai. 2012, 17:27 von pianistman1337Howdy, all! My good friend Nigel and I are going to be journaling and listening through the Superchunk discography, and I welcome you to listen through with us! We'll be going by year.
This year covers a 7" when they went by the name Chunk, and the Slack Motherfucker 7"!
(These songs were later collected on the Tossing Seeds compilation, in case those seven-inches were too difficult to acquire.)
The first seven-inch is a quick little blast of music. I think it is best viewed as foreshadowing of what is to come, as What I Do and My Noise serve as a formidable double-punch of power-pop with some heavier influence. My Noise, especially, comes away as the winner of the two. Train From Kansas City goes by without too much affair. The stutter-step drum beat is super nice, and creates an off-kilter feel while the rest of the song is really nothing too special.
Too not acknowledge Slack Motherfucker would be a huge error; as its melody and angsty job-related…
21. Jan. 2011, 6:15 von jetsetvenom1. How did you get into 29? In Fear and Faith
My friend James introduced me to their debut album.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? Something Corporate
it Probably was Konstantine.
3. What’s your favorite lyric by 33? Maylene and the Sons of Disaster
"The older I am the less feeling I have without the gospel"
4. What is your favorite album by 49? Heatmiser
Cop And Speeder
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? Brand New
Oh, about a half a dozen if you're counting EPs and stuff.
6. What is your favorite song by 50? Erik Mongrain
Gotta be "Airtap!"
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad? AFI
8. What is your favorite album by 15? My Chemical Romance
I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love
9. What is your favorite song by 5? Jack's Mannequin
Into The Airwaves
10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy? Elliott Smith
Most of his music tends to convey the opposite of happiness. But his music also reminds me of people I enjoy spending time with. …
22. Nov. 2009, 0:21 von anchovybay• Name your next 15 artists.
• Come up with a set list for them to make your perfect gig
• The first 8 artists get a 5 song set list
• The next 4 artists get a 8 song set list
• The 3rd and 2nd artist get a 10 song set list
• The top artist gets a 12 song set list with a 3 song encore.
Simon & Garfunkel
System of a Down
Me First And The Gimme Gimmes
Start A War
Daughters of the Soho Riots
I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
A Certain Romance
Valarie Loves Me
Goin' Through Your Purse
Kim The Waitress
Simon & Garfunkel
The Sound Of Silence
Hazy Shade Of Winter
Bridge Over Troubled Water
21. Nov. 2009, 3:56 von anchovybay1. What's your favorite song by 15?
Nine Inch Nails - Hurt
2. How did you get into 20?
Green Day - Heard them when I was much younger and liked them since.
3. Who is your favorite member in 1?
Bruce Springsteen - Kind of obvious lol
4. What’s your favorite lyric bit by 29?
Lifter Puller - "Love is like a battle of the bands, crank up your amps man." - Lifter Puller vs. The End Of The Evening
5. Have you ever seen 22 live?
Neutral Milk Hotel - No.
6. What's your favorite album from 10?
Bright Eyes - Lifted Or The Story Is In The Soil, Keep Your Ear To The Ground
7. Do you own any merchandise from 3?
The Hold Steady - No, but I should.
8. What is a good memory you have of 7?
Elliott Smith - The first time I saw the scene in The Royal Tenenbaums that uses Needle In The Hay.
9. Is there a member of the same age as you in 2?
Pearl Jam - No.
10. When did you first get into 8?
Pink Floyd - 6th grade, heard The Wall and never looked back
11. Who likes 4 along with you?
25. Jul. 2009, 2:27 von Shibbie729Take the first 64 songs that come up on shuffle:
--- --- --- --- ---
1. Gay Cowboys in bondage -big fat baloney sandwich
2. the Coup - Nowalaters
3. Dambuilders - Shrine
4. Minutemen - theatre is the life of you
5. sonic Youth - G-force
6. King Missile/John S Hall - Shit
7. Boyracer - Michael
8. Reptile House - keelhaul love
9. X - under the big black sun
10. Allan Sherman - Shticks of One Kind and a Half a Dozen of the Other
11. Propagandhi - Ska Sucks
12. Propagandhi - Apparently I'm a PC Fascist
13. x-japan - rusty nail
14. wilco - Kamera
15. the Buzzcocks - What Ever Happened to -
16 Bob Marley and the Wailers - Get up Stand up
17 Descendents - Kabuki Girl
18 Bikini Kill - Strawberry Julius
19 Youth of Today - Break Down the Walls
20 The Screamers - I want to hurt
21 Sonic Youth - I dreamed I dream
22 Led Zeppelin - the Crunge
23 Bouncing Souls - Punks in Vegas
24 Iced Earth - the Reckoning
25 Crass - Sucks
26 Elliott Smith - Happiness
27 Hoyt Axton - sweet misery
9. Mär. 2009, 14:13 von mattpateMy wife's youngest sister has been asking me for quite some time to sit down at my computer and make her a mix of "good" indie music. She wanted to impress her friends with the knowledge of many different bands. Unfortunately, I have sort of been falling down on the job. I use to keep Last.fm up to date and would write journals and reviews often. But, since going to college, working, and getting married, I've found little time to devote to my scavenger hunts of local record stores, much less keep myself up to date with the goings on of the industry. I am going to attempt to stay more abreast of new music and try to write more. Consider this my "coming out of retirement."
The mix I made my wife's sister spans seven CDs, totaling 131 tracks, arranged alphabetically. The collection will take her just under 8 hours to listen to fully - according to iTunes. Not all of the artists are strictly indie, some may just be slightly indie-esque. Some are just of my own enjoyment. Below is the track list.
29. Mai. 2008, 5:51 von jetsetvenom1. How did you get into 29? ? Heatmiser
Well, it's common knowledge that it was Elliott's band before he was solo, and I figured that out from being an Elliott fan. I ended up liking them a lot!
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? You, Me, and Everyone We Know
Livin' Th' Dream
3. What’s your favorite lyric by 33? The Offspring
Hmm... Thats a hard one. They have so much music, and so many good lines. I really like the chorus to Damnit, I Changed Again: "This time I turn around, things have changed. Now I don't feel the same yeah. Start a fight I can't defend, one more time, damnit I changed again"
4. What is your favorite album by 49?
I have no 49 hahah.
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? Say Anything
I own two albums by them. Is A Real Boy and In Defense of the Genre
6. What is your favorite song by 50?
I don't have a number 50 either! I have 3 48s hahah.
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad? Dustin Kensrue
Not really, no.
8. What is your favorite album by 15? Thursday
20. Apr. 2008, 4:01 von infinitegames1. How did you get into 29?
Kate Bush- Not really sure, I think I was listening to some Tori Amos and she was recommended
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?
Heatmiser - Song called "Idler" on Yellow No. 5. I think that song alone carries them up to 22, believe it or not.
3. What’s your favorite song by 14?
The Wallflowers, probably "One Headlight" but I don't have all that much of their music.
4. What's your favorite album by 16?
Screaming Trees, The only album of theirs that I have is Uncle Anesthesia
5. How many albums by 13 do you own?
None, it's just my demos haha.
6. What is your favorite song by 17?
Silversun Pickups, "Lazy Eye" but I also really like "Three Seed"
7. Is there a song by 7 that makes you sad?
Alice in Chains - "Nutshell" probably their best song and it's one of the most genuinely emotional songs I've heard. Fuck emo, listen to AiC.
8. What is your favorite album by 15?