9. Okt. 2013, 1:38 von Laugh2Love2Live
9. Mär. 2011, 16:37 von jwRADIO1Hey, hope all is well with you.
In the middle of a series of Q&A sessions with electronic music artists and producers from Austin, San Antonio, San Marcos, and Corpus Christi. Texas is definitely not just country and blues. Check out their music and their mindset.
Mixing old school hip-hop, house, and cumbia, this is DJ DUS
His indie label in Austin press new vinyl releases of Georgia Anne Muldrow, Eric Lau, Dam-Funk, and Coultrain, to name a few. Here's Butcher Bear:
San Antonio-based producer who indie label released the Texas Compilation that's brought these artists together. Also remixes under the name, Mexicans with Guns. Here's Exponential Records CEO, Ernest Gonzales.
7. Jan. 2011, 20:33 von juhmeese
1. Okt. 2010, 19:13 von nutriotEarlier this year, Sotu the Traveller released an album called Left. While I count it to the biggest surprises of the year, it’s a shamefully overlooked album (and unfortunately I wasn’t much of a help!) For Dutch magazine Streetrockaz he has put together a mix that’s just as good as the tracklist promises.
01. Prefuse 73 – Speeds of God 2000
02. Numaads – Now
03. Lorn – What’s the use
04. TOKiMONSTA – Aching noodles
05. Onra – Lying besides you
06. KAN SANO – Rec gain up
07. MonoPoly – Analysis (DNA)
08. Erykah Badu – The healer
09. MonoPoly – The system crumbles
10. Dabrye – Game over (Flying Lotus remix)
11. Sotu the Traveller – HourGlass (Portformat remix)
12. Mike Slott – Home
13. Onra – Moving
14. Favorite Flava – Favorite Flava
15. Take – Don’t look now
16. Darkhouse Family – Stay blazed
17. Nosaj Thing – Fog
18. Julien Dyne – Fallin down (ft. Parks)
19. Daisuke Tanabe – Deer Drop Forest
20. Take – Neon beams
22. Jan. 2009, 10:32 von Spankmaster79I'm always excited what will be the first album of the year. I actually don't remember the first one last year......but creating a new playlist in iTunes, that fills up over the year gives me something.........Don't know why......weird....
Anyway, so the first one this year is the new Platinum Pied Pipers album that I got in my hands. Although, some may hate it, because they switched their sound totally, I like it. It sounds more funky and they used more real instruments on it. It's not the typical PPP sounding album as there is no sign of the sound of the last one! It sounds like they reinvented theirselves. No song sticks to a formula that was formed on Triple P. This album is something totally different from the releases in the past.It's a new sound that is........just plain good!!!
So go give it a listen......i will definitely. After hearing it 2-3 times now, it starts getting better and better.