23. Aug. 2013, 7:06 von JessieOnTheMoon
2. Aug. 2013, 3:05 von rickmusThis list as its main purpose is know abou some electronic albums that have change the way of making music in the genre and see how the same genre has been evoled by the pass of the time.
The list includes not just electronic as it is, it has a broad range of electronic-related styles including the following ones: early synthesizer music, krautrock, progressive electronic, ambient, synth pop, industrial, Euro disco, Hi-NRG, boogie, electro, freestyle, house, techno, Miami bass, alternative dance, trip-hop/downtempo, acid jazz, hardcore, jungle/drum & bass, trance, big beat, indietronica, etc.
1. !!! - Louden Up Now (2004)
2. 2 Live Crew - As Nasty As They Wanna Be (1989)
3. 2 Live Crew - Is What We Are (1986)
4. 4hero - Parallel Universe (1995)
5. 4hero - Two Pages (1998)
6. 808 State - ex:el (1991)
7. 808 State - Newbuild (1988)
8. 808 State - Utd. State 90 (1990)
27. Aug. 2012, 3:34 von peadophile1. Belle & Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister
2. Tortoise - Millions Now Living Will Never Die
3. Modest Mouse - This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About
4. DJ Shadow - Endtroducing.....
5. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Murder Ballads
6. Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup
7. Beck - Odelay
8. The Wrens - Secaucus
24. Jun. 2012, 14:00 von RadioKaKaPitchfork's Top 100 Albums of the 2000s (Sep 28, 2009)
Rank Year Artist – Album
1 2000 Radiohead – Kid A
2 2004 Arcade Fire – Funeral
3 2001 Daft Punk – Discovery
4 2002 Wilco – Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
5 2001 Jay-Z – The Blueprint
6 2000 Modest Mouse – The Moon & Antarctica
7 2001 The Strokes – Is This It
8 2000 Sigur Rós – Ágætis byrjun
9 2007 Panda Bear – Person Pitch
10 2000 The Avalanches – Since I Left You
11 2000 Ghostface Killah – Supreme Clientele
12 2001 The White Stripes – White Blood Cells
13 2000 Outkast – Stankonia
14 2009 Animal Collective – Merriweather Post Pavilion
15 2006 The Knife – Silent Shout
16 2005 Sufjan Stevens – Illinois
17 2007 LCD Soundsystem – Sound Of Silver
18 2005 Kanye West – Late Registration
19 2002 Spoon – Kill the Moonlight
20 2002 Interpol – Turn on the Bright Lights
21 2007 Radiohead – In Rainbows
22 2007 M.I.A. – Kala
23 2002 Broken Social Scene – You Forgot It In People
24 2003 Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Fever To Tell
25 2004 Madvillain – Madvillainy
1. Jun. 2012, 5:24 von Under_Radar_Mag
9. Mai. 2012, 0:29 von mattdabestIn no particular order: an attempt at listing some of the best all round albums in my opinion, no fillers, no compilations, no hype, just pure quality.
Some albums cross over genres so the labels are more guidelines, sometimes merging depending on how the list evolves.
If I missed anything blatantly important, please tell me.
An ongoing list, please stay put!
Rock / Prog / Heavy
Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd
The Wall by Pink Floyd
The Doors by The Doors
L.A. Woman by The Doors
Led Zeppelin IV by Led Zeppelin
Hunky Dory by David Bowie
All That You Can't Leave Behind by U2
Songs for the Deaf by Queens of the Stone Age
Alternative / Post-punk
Is This It by The Strokes
A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay
Elephant by The White Stripes
Beautiful Freak by Eels
Odelay by Beck
Demon Days by Gorillaz
OK Computer by Radiohead
Blur by Blur
Grace by Jeff Buckley
Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division
Metal / Hardcore / Industrial
2. Mai. 2012, 3:28 von RadioKaKaSee also: Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of all time (2010 Edition)
Rank (2012/E) Year Artist – Album (featuring the highest-ranking track on the list of Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of all time, if it includes)
1 1967 The Beatles – Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, featuring "A Day in the Life"
2 1966 The Beach Boys – Pet Sounds, featuring "God Only Knows"
3 1966 The Beatles – Revolver, featuring "Eleanor Rigby"
4 1965 Bob Dylan – Highway 61 Revisited, featuring "Like a Rolling Stone"
5 1965 The Beatles – Rubber Soul, featuring "In My Life"
6 1971 Marvin Gaye – What's Going On, featuring "What's Going On"
7 1972 The Rolling Stones – Exile on Main Street, featuring "Tumbling Dice"
8 1979 The Clash – London Calling, featuring "London Calling"
9 1966 Bob Dylan – Blonde on Blonde, featuring "Just Like a Woman"
10 1968 The Beatles – The Beatles, featuring "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"
3. Dez. 2011, 23:08 von punkass_noodlesRadiohead - In Rainbows
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Incubus - S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
Jeff Buckley - Grace
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground & Nico
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Portishead - Dummy
Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left
The Beatles - The Beatles
At the Drive-In - Vaya
1. Aug. 2011, 16:52 von MrGtDBecause boredom is a terrible thing. I have decided that my horizons need to be broadened some, so I've decided to take this month and listen to 1 'important' album I've never heard before, by an artist I'm vaguely, if at all, familiar with, every day. There are a couple exceptions, but I had to pick some stuff I would be actively excited to hear. I'm not going particularly crazy, I'll still listen to whatever I feel like outside of the day's album, and these are going in no particular order. I'll give each album the usual 5 star-scale rating, and a little writeup of my thoughts.
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
(8/5) Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
(8/6) Beck - Sea Change
Belle & Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister
Boards of Canada -Music Has the Right to Children
Can - Tago Mago
Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica
Leonard Cohen - Songs of Leonard Cohen
(8/1) The Cure - Disintegration
Miles Davis - Birth of the Cool
DJ Shadow - Endtroducing.....
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
12. Jul. 2011, 22:03 von rattlebagThe eigth LP group listening session on Twitter is currently in the voting stages. This month's theme is the 1990s.
This involves anyone who wants to join in listening to the same album on Twitter at the same time and discussing it whilst doing so.
Send five votes to @coleser from the list before By 7pm Wednesday 20th July. The number only will do. You are unable to vote for an album you nominated. Please send a Direct Message or a Mention.
The hastag for the group is #lpgroup.
August’s ”official” listening session is 9pm Sunday 7th August 2011.
Everyone is welcome.
Spotify - http://open.spotify.com/user/rattlebag/playlist/1iTKq1uDV9h1sCEAB9W5BO
1. The Afghan Whigs– Black Love
2. Beck– Mellow Gold
3. Beck– Odelay
4. Belle & Sebastian– If You're Feeling Sinister
5. Black Star– Black Star
6. Blur– Blur
7. Bongwater– The Power of Pussy
8. The Chemical Brothers– Exit Planet Dust
9. Cornershop– When I Was Born for the 7th Time