Every Member Make One Recommendation

• Every Member Make One Recommendation

Not a song, but a band that people should check out.

I just got the new Vinyl Stitches 45 from Death Pop and it's awesome.

Who's next?

Racer
    Bearbeitet von ripplemusic am 25. Jan. 2010, 2:12
    • TraderBob schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 23. Jan. 2010, 2:13

The Above

cool Brooklyn garage band

The Above

• jjjjon schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Jan. 2010, 5:14
  • The Hexxers

• Mhmmaggie schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 23. Mai. 2010, 5:11
    • [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Mai. 2010, 13:02

A good recommendation

Last record of Uncle Butcher (Ex-member of thee butchers orchestra) to download.
    http://mammavendetta.blogspot.com/2010/05/no-sweat-novo-album-de-uncle-butcher.html

• Tack77 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 17. Jun. 2010, 5:17

The Swingin' Neckbreakers

-TacK
  • Baby Woodrose. Gotta check em!

Racer
    • IanAR schrieb...
    • Abonnent
    • 5. Jul. 2010, 15:40

Minutemen – Maybe Partying Will Help

Minutemen Maybe Partying Will Help
    Familiar track I just found a YouTube for :) Ian Holly Golightly

• [spam]

[spam]

Struttin' sluts all through that whorehoppin' scene.
    Bearbeitet von hjbardenhagen am 31. Dez. 2010, 18:50
    • Kareem7 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 5. Jul. 2010, 20:05
    Royal Headache

The song in the video is called "Girls" and its from their first and so far only release, a S/T 7" on R.I.P Society. I see more good things coming from these dudes in the future.

• nitzua_ schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 15. Jul. 2010, 20:10
  • Racer
  • The Shag Rats. (:

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away
  • The Doggs

The Doggs

Racer
  • Dax RIggs

Dax Riggs listen to no other then the song Ghost Movement and if you like that listen to the album We Sing of Only Blood or Love

• inkablot schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 16. Feb. 2011, 21:26
    From Canada... Tranzmitors

• http://www.lastfm.se/music/Babian?ac=babian
    Babian. swedish garage. lyrics in swedish

• dubstooge schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Feb. 2011, 10:23
    Dragontears
    A side project of Baby Woodrose throwing in everything psych/garage.

• dubstooge schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 24. Feb. 2011, 10:39
    Ok second one, how could I have forgotten The Cubical. You gotta love this!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd7ZPBTayl4

• popfloor schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 3. Apr. 2011, 7:50

Watch Children

The Watch Children's Kinda Retarded Tapes.

It's a lo-fi affair but in my opinion it is brilliant. In fact, one of my fave garage records ever.

Great garage tunes with surreal lyrics from a co-founder of the Laughing Soup Dish (he co-wrote their classic Teenage Lima Bean single on Voxx). You can't go wrong with that.

There is an earlier demo floating on the net. Some songs from the Kinda Retarded Tapes are included but the sound quality is considerably lower.

Review by Mike Stax (From Ugly Things # 15)
    "This mag seldom ventures into the relatively barren 1980s, but I’m occasionally ready to make exceptions, in this case for the Watch Children. The Kinda Retarded Tapes (Perfect Pop) is a double-pack EP of ten songs recorded circa 1986-87 and they’re amongst the best garage recordings I’ve heard from that period, infected with a great cheap reverb no-fi vibe that really taps into the whacked spirit of ‘66-’67 garage punk. Guitarist/vocalist Marc Saxton’s clever/simple pop tunes have a snotty born-outta-time attitude plus a great twisted sense of humour. “Little Plastic Flowers In The Bathtub”, “Please Don’t Lose Your Mind” and “I Don’t Like You” are demented Pebbles-style punkers; “Nelson, Where Are You?” is a trippy Brit-psych piece ala Rubbles/Chocolate Soup; and there’s even an hilarious Back From The Grave tribute/send-up called “I’m In Love With Your Mother”. Only a decade after the fact is maybe too soon, but this stuff is destined for cult status some day, believe me."

• popfloor schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 3. Apr. 2011, 9:57

The Brood

As far as classic american garage goes The Brood are amongst the best and, sadly, most overlooked.

• expiry223 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 9. Apr. 2011, 22:45
    Hey guys, looks like I have a good deal of stuff to check out here (kind of a noob when it comes to garage, hope to change that...)

Anyway, alot of english speaking bands here, so I thought I'd recommend something Japanese.

Acid Eater (former Christine 23 Onna), perhaps the noisiest garage band I have heard so far, they blend psychedelia, fuzz, and punk into a crazy blend. If you're interested, get their album Virulent Fuzz Punk A.C.I.D., it's nuts.

Next up is High Rise, mix of garage, psychedelic rock and noise rock. Not as noisy as the first recommendation though, but with a good sound and some awesome guitar solos. I've only begun listening to them, but it's well cool.

Hope you like it.

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.