92 upcoming events (4819 past events) Flag for review
In the beginning, happening-like events were organized: lots of incense, films, liquid slides, acts with naked girls under a piece of plastic and a speakers corner. Bit by bit Paradiso turned into a stage for pop music where famous national and international bands were playing and rock concerts were alternated with a filmshow once a week and a weekly jazznight.
In 1971 theatre and yoga workshops started as well as the ‘Academy Inferno’ where, according to the spirit of the times, one could weave, do batikworks, work on leather or print one’s own photo’s.
Meanwhile Paradiso had become an internationally known venue but the above mentioned atmosphere lingered on until in 1977 a new age was dawning; Punk and New Wave climbed the stages and would leave their marks upon Paradiso for a long time. However in the 80’s Paradiso tended towards a program 7 days a week for as diverse an audience as possible.
1017 SG Amsterdam
Show on Map
Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 115, 1017 PX Amsterdam
Prinsengracht 472, 1017 KG Amsterdam
Chicago Social Club
Leidseplein 12, 1017 PT Amsterdam
Lijnbaansgracht 234a, 1017 PH Amsterdam
Vijzelstraat 103, Amsterdam
- michabc is going to Chromatics at Paradiso. Tuesday afternoon
- msbelci is going to Glen Hansard at Paradiso. Tuesday afternoon
- Wurzelchen unlinked Jagwar Ma from London Calling 2013 #1 at Paradiso. Tuesday afternoon
- MercurialSon added Charlie Parr to the lineup of Charlie Parr at Paradiso. Tuesday afternoon
- fastlane01 is interested in Kurt Vile & The Violators at Paradiso. Tuesday morning
- Ricq is going to Tom Odell (indiestad) at Paradiso. Tuesday morning
- joran-az is going to Jacco Gardner (indiestad) at Paradiso. Tuesday morning
- DylanNL is going to Beans & Fatback, Pignose Willy’s (Indiestad) at Paradiso. Monday evening
- DylanNL is going to Traumahelikopter, Automatic Sam, Suit and Tie Johns, Giant Tiger Hooch (Indiestad).... Monday evening
- Gizzm is interested in The Breeders at Paradiso. Monday morning