Artist connections game

• Artist connections game

I am reliably infomred games do well on these Forums so here goes...

The first person posts the band/artist and the next person then has to post a related band/artist.

It could be by shared band members eg ELO & Wizard have had Roy Wood & Hugh McDowell appear in both bands or a member of one band guested on another band's album or one band/artist covered the other band/artists songs eg Def Leppard covering ELO's '10538 Overture'.
    Simply list the band/artists and the connection they have with the band/artist in the previous post.

I'll kick off with Queen

• tobeon sa...
    • Användare
    • 20 jul 2006, 15:22
    I don't know if this counts as it isn't a real connection but it just popped into my head...

Sex Pistols - "God Save The Queen"

• I don't think that's what he's going for. He's looking for artist connections, not a name connection.

Bad Company: Paul Rodgers performed for both them and Queen.

• Like your thinking though Tobeon.
    Paul Rodgers was a member of Free

• Free did many supporting shows for Fleetwood Mac.

Seems a great game! I shall likely learn alot. :)

• Mmm..Fleetwood Mac bass player John McVie was a member of John Mayall Blues Breakers prior to joining Fleetwood Mac.

• Steve_R sa...
    • Användare
    • 22 jul 2006, 15:11
    As was Eric Clapton, who was also a member of The Yardbirds

• That Jimmy Page guy was also in The Yardbirds, also playing for some group called Led Zeppelin.

• And Jimmy Page did a very good rock album in the mid-90's with David Coverdale of Whitesnake fame.

• David Coverdale was with Deep Purple for a time, including the excellent Burn album.

• [Raderad användare] sa...
    • Användare
    • 23 jul 2006, 08:03
    Rainbow had a few singers over the years, among them was the incredible Ronnie James Ronnie James Dio.

• Dio fronted Black Sabbath for awhile.

• Användare
    • 24 jul 2006, 07:27
    Black Sabbath used different singers other than the one and only Ozzy Osbourne. One of them was Glenn Hughes on the 1985 album Seventh Star.

• And Glenn Hughes brings us back to Deep Purple.

• Which leads onto Kansas as guitarist Steve Morse was in this band prior to joining Deep Purple.

• Användare
    • 25 jul 2006, 07:04
    Kansas lead vocalist Steve Walsh formed a group called Streets in the 80's. Among the members was guitarist Mike Slamer of British cult band City Boy.

• Användare
    • 27 jul 2006, 14:03
    Streets first album 1st was produced by Neil Kernon. Neil later went on to produce Queensryche's album Rage For Order

• johnnyNB sa...
    • Användare
    • 28 jul 2006, 07:16
    Ronnie James Dio of Black Sabbath and Rainbow played the part of "Dr. X" in the Queensryche opus Operation Mindcrime II...

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow!
  • Bob Daisley was a member of Rainbow when Dio was singer and he later popped up in Ozzy Osbourne Blizzard of Ozz.

• Användare
    • 29 jul 2006, 07:01
    Ozzy Osbourne's album Blizzard of Ozz featured drummer Lee Kerslake of Uriah Heep

• The late Uriah Heep vocalist David Byron snag on some recently released solo material by Robin George

• johnnyNB sa...
    • Användare
    • 2 aug 2006, 09:53
    Robin George filled in as a second guitarist for Magnum on The Eleventh Hour Tour in 1983...

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow!
Anonyma användare kan inte skriva inlägg. Vänligen logga in eller skapa ett konto för att göra inlägg i forumen.