Forum » Development Discussion

[LastFmLib.Net]Web services 1.0/2.0 and Scrobbler 1.2.1 for .Net

• tburny schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 18. Feb. 2008, 21:34

[LastFmLib.Net]Web services 1.0/2.0 and Scrobbler 1.2.1 for .Net

LastFmLib.Net is a complete implementation/port of
    Last.fm's web services 1.0 and 2.0, including Audioscrobbler 1.2.1 and radio API 2.0, into .Net 2005/2008.

Here you've got some links for further information:

Coming soon:
    • Support for the new scrobbling api

Important things:
    1. Licence is current LGPL, so it's free for use.
      A little comment in your app, referring to me/the Project page would be really nice :)
    2. Use of the SVN version is STRONGLY recommended!
      Releases are outdated after a week and may contain bugs which are already fixed in SVN.
    3. Note for the API 2.0 Sample project: Do not forget to put your auth data in api_ressource.resx!

Although coding LastFmLib.net is really fun, it also costed me a lot of time. There's been more than 2 years of development now.
    If you really love this project , feel free to click on the button below ;)

You found a bug? Have questions? Need a feature implemented? Just send me a PM :)

Special thanks to:
    GermaniX for using LastFmLib.net in his popular GermaniX Transcoder and for finding some (silly) bugs
    oern for creating the cool project homepage
    ThinkLearnSolve, andres_cero and Eld for some bugs
    LAST.HQ and joanofarctan for the api ;)
    Greets,
    tburny

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    P.S.: Do not click here
    throw new PokemonException(); //Gotta catch 'em all
    My forum post reflects my personal opinion :)
    Bearbeitet von tburny am 7. Jun. 2010, 15:29
    • [Gelöschter Benutzer] schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Feb. 2008, 8:16
    tburny, the .NET implementation is really nice. I figure this is different to implemented Web Services Last.fm has put up. A Tester project for your DLL would also be very useful to have. With this DLL I think I can get a trackList of a album specified, Top tag for a track specified, Top tag for an album specified.

There is also a C# based Music Player called Alambic in sourceforge.net which I am sure will be benefitted from this.

There is also an IM client under heavy development called Digbsy (which i posted here in General Discussion but got tagged as spam) which intend to scrobble played music, am sure will be in benefit.

Keep up the nice work and looking forward to seeing source from you in the near future.

• Thanks for that! I had my own implementation, but if you are willing to maintain the code, there'll be one thing less to worry about :) I've tested one function in c# and everything worked fine. The sources would be a nice to have.
    Gtw, there seems to be a new API on its way

Want to listen to your playlists on last.fm? Have a look at TagBar
    • Benutzer
    • 19. Feb. 2008, 11:51
    I didn't get to say thanks for your great work. May be you will be interested to make a SourceForge project on this and make the SVN Repository accessible.

• tburny schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 19. Feb. 2008, 19:08
    Mannno sagte:
    I didn't get to say thanks for your great work. May be you will be interested to make a SourceForge project on this and make the SVN Repository accessible.

As you can see I've named the sf.net project LastFmLib.Net to point out it's for .Net.

I'm really surprised about all the positive answers.

Btw, I created a Last.fm group "LastFmLib" where I'll put the further news, like changes and new version notifications, don't want to spam the forum too much^^
    To join, take a look >here<.

Hope LGPL licence was right to chose...I don't want others to make money with my work...last.fm is (basically) for free, so the library should be and the software created with it, too. If I've chosen wrong in your opinion please say why.

Combo.fm: Combine your favourite radio stations! | My Blog | scala-lastfmapi | Cache2k - A high performance Java in-memory cache
    Bearbeitet von tburny am 19. Mai. 2008, 21:03
    • Benutzer
    • 20. Feb. 2008, 7:00
    I see the project in SF.net http://sourceforge.net/projects/LastFmLibNet/ that's really great.

I am sure now that it is under proper management, there are people who back you up on the event that it is stolen for commercial purposes. I hope it never gets to that point.

Thanks again for considering feedback and releasing the source. I believe this is going to be very useful in the upcoming projects. :)

• tburny schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 20. Feb. 2008, 19:20
    Files are up on Sf now.

Bearbeitet von tburny am 19. Mai. 2008, 21:02
    • C26000 schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 21. Feb. 2008, 18:25
    interesting project, I'll keep an eye on it :)

• tburny schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 22. Feb. 2008, 20:32
    new version is up: 1.0.0.1
    found some bugs that would make few requests not to work->fixed
    I also added descriptions for classes, methods and propertys.

Added a Documentation.chm file to sf.net's download page.

• urielm schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 27. Feb. 2008, 22:35

How can I play Last.Fm radio with LastFmLib

Hi,

This project looks like a great idea.

I am trying to play radio using this lib with no luck.
    Could successfully pass the handshake stage, but not sure how to proceed.
    The documentation is great for understanding the class interfaces and names, but not very useful to understand the API usage.

Is there any code sample to play/ban/love/skip tracks?

• tburny schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 29. Feb. 2008, 14:57
    edit(for less scrolling):
    take a look at the sample project on sf.net
    for (un)loving/(un)banning a track or adding it to the personal playlist, you can use the methods in LastFmUser class.

Bearbeitet von tburny am 5. Mai. 2008, 21:14
    • tburny schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 2. Mär. 2008, 13:33
    Version 1.0.0.2 is out, with LOTS of changes...
    Source, DLL and new doc are available on sf.
    Please READ the CHANGE LOG, it's important.
    edit

Bearbeitet von tburny am 19. Mai. 2008, 21:04
  • scrobbling sample

can you post a sample on how to scrobble a track?

Thank You

Think Ahead. Learn More. Solve Now!
    • tburny schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 3. Mär. 2008, 19:03
    tburny sagte:
    I discovered that scrobbling is only half-done, so that'll be the next point in my todo.

...as I said in my PM.

Edit: I just managed to create a SVN on sf.net. See the project's SVN page. (edit)

Bearbeitet von tburny am 19. Mai. 2008, 21:06
    • oern schrieb...
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Mär. 2008, 7:16
    Is there anything new about scrobbling a track to last.fm ?

• tburny schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 13. Mär. 2008, 22:54
    edit.

Bearbeitet von tburny am 24. Mär. 2008, 13:02
    • tburny schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 24. Mär. 2008, 2:02

There's reason for party....

...because a new version is out.

Some major to minor changes were made :)
    (edit)

I whish you to have a lot of fun with the new version!
    tburny

Bearbeitet von tburny am 19. Mai. 2008, 21:08
    • Benutzer
    • 13. Apr. 2008, 5:24

Re: scrobbling sample

ThinkLearnSolve sagte:

Thank You

Same request here. :)

If I know how to figure out a track the rest for me is piss easy.

When I joined Last.fm, the version of Last.fm Client was 1.3.1.1 and this had an unfortunate bug where it did not read my iTunes PlayedCounts so I started with 0 Total played Counts.

I would like to scrobble my unscrobbled playedCounts in iTunes.

Cheers,
    Mannno

• tburny schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 13. Apr. 2008, 16:16
    well, I'm at half done with one month internship. I'm really busy atm...
    will do what I can to make the rest bit of scrobbler code working, it half does atm. You won't have to wait really long, so keep an eye on it :)

tburny

• tburny schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 19. Apr. 2008, 22:22

sample project

now there is also an sample project on sf.net.
    At the moment, it cannot scrobble, as there are too many major bugs in scrobbler yet(among with timout problems).
    But you can see all the rest and a pattern on how many requests are done, how to utilize the LastFmClient class and many other things you also might find useful.

edit

Have a lot of fun!
    tburny

Bearbeitet von tburny am 19. Mai. 2008, 21:01
    • Benutzer
    • 26. Apr. 2008, 22:55
    tburny,

Thanks! The example project was nice. Will have a look at ScrobblerManager.

Cheers.

• tburny schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 8. Mai. 2008, 16:15
    there's good news: I successfully scrobbled a track with LastFmLib just five minutes ago :D
    will have to fix a bigger bug(scrobbled tracks aren't deleted from cache :( ), then you will get a new release ...
    update(2008/05/14): The scrobbler itself now fully works(logical bugs are the worst *grr*). Cache also fixed.

Bearbeitet von tburny am 19. Mai. 2008, 21:08
  • how do you scrobble?

hey tburny you said previously you scrobbled the track with response OK but it wasn't show on the profile page, how did you fix that? was there a bug in your code or it was related to Scrobbler web services? please respond ASAP, because my code has the same issue :( a detailed explanation is welcomed :)

thank you!

• Re: Re: scrobbling sample

Mannno said:
    ThinkLearnSolve sagte:

Thank You

Same request here. :)

If I know how to figure out a track the rest for me is piss easy.

When I joined Last.fm, the version of Last.fm Client was 1.3.1.1 and this had an unfortunate bug where it did not read my iTunes PlayedCounts so I started with 0 Total played Counts.

I would like to scrobble my unscrobbled playedCounts in iTunes.

Cheers,
    Mannno

Hey Manno, the PlayCounts file on the iPod_Control\iTunes folder is created/updated by iPod, every time when you listen a song, it basically contains how many times and when a song was played from the last time when PlayCounts file was created. When you start iTunes, or if iTunes is already running, and you plug you iPod, the PlayCounts file is parsed and deleted from your iPod, and with the information retrieved from PlayCounts, the song play date/play counts in iTunesDb file is updated.

• tburny schrieb...
    • Forum Moderator
    • 17. Mai. 2008, 16:02
    ThinkLearnSolve sagte:
    hey tburny you said previously you scrobbled the track with response OK but it wasn't show on the profile page, how did you fix that? was there a bug in your code or it was related to Scrobbler web services? please respond ASAP, because my code has the same issue :( a detailed explanation is welcomed :)

thank you!

you have to pay attention that the time stamps are in the right order. You can get an OK response if there's some error inside the submission string...had the same problem, but now it works :)
    it was a bug in my source, but also in didn't read the scrobbler spec page correctly ;-)

Sorry I missed uploading the source code, I just uploaded it now :)
    A scrobbling sample can be found in the HOWTO file in the souce code archive

Some note aside: I edited most of my previous post to save me and other users "scrolling time" ^^

tburny

Anonyme Benutzer dürfen keine Beiträge schreiben. Bitte log dich ein oder registriere dich, um Beiträge in den Foren schreiben zu können.