10. Smith Westerns - Dye It Blonde
Begrudgingly on this list - the album is great, but possibly the most off-putting live band I've ever seen.
9. Das Racist - Relax
Even though it wasn't as good as either mixtape (and the best track was from Shut Up, Dude).
8. Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
7. Chad VanGaalen - Diaper Island
You wouldn't think it from the title, but actually his most accessible album yet.
6. St. Vincent - Strange Mercy
5. Bon Iver - Bon Iver
Can't believe this isn't closer to the top, but I guess it was a good year.
4. tUnE-yArDs - w h o k i l l
One of my favorite discoveries this year - so cool and unique.
3. The Rural Alberta Advantage - Departing
I've said it before: they need to be more popular than they are.
2. Fucked Up - David Comes To Life
I got pulled in by the campaign leading up to it, and it totally delivered by making me excited about hardcore again. …