Cyanotic defines aggressive electronic rock, melding elements of metal, electro and drum 'n' bass to create a unique sonic assault. Breaking down the barriers between guitar and electronic genres.
The band's fan base is rapidly growing, thanks to word of mouth and memorable performances alongside bands like Skinny Puppy, Front Line Assembly, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Meat Beat Manifesto, 16 Volt, Chemlab, Andrew W.K., Stromkern, Acumen Nation, DJ? Acucrack and many more.
Cyanotic and Glitch Mode Recordings began in the early 2000s. Sean Payne and Drew Rosander were learning to make music with computers and guitars, partying in empty houses, growing up around the rave scene in Chicago, basement punk shows in Indiana and drug excess all through the midwest.
In 2003, "Mutual Bonding Through Violation" was released through Cyanotic's own Glitch Mode Records to coincide with the band's first US tour. Chris Hryniewiecki became a member later that same year. "MBTV" is now out of print.
"MBTV" set the tone for what fans could expect from Cyanotic. Great reviews and various shows, including a US tour lead to the release of "Transhuman" in 2005. This was Cyanotic's first full length album. Relentless touring of the US and Canada sold this album out in August of 2006.
Cyanotic delivered "Transhuman 2.0" to the public in July 2007 via Bit Riot Records and WTII Records. The limited 2-disc deluxe edition features the original "Transhuman", as well new songs, alternate mixes, bonus tracks and guest appearances from members of Front Line Assembly, 16 Volt, Acumen Nation, DJ? Acucrack, mindfluxFuneral and Rabbit Junk. Bit Riot Records has begun the single pressing of "T.2", reporting that the limited edition will soon be out of print.
One of the most talked about albums from Cyanotic is without a doubt "The Medication Generation". The anticipation of this album lead the band to the unleashing of the limited "Prehab 25mg-EP", which will serve as a much needed wake up call to the masses. Prehab 25mg is the hard hitting precursor to "The Medication Generation", a futuristic audio assault exploring the excess of self-medication and mass media saturation in present day society. This is a definitive soundtrack to a dystopian world view.
"The Medication Generation" is currently in production and set for release in Summer 2009.
* 2005 Transhuman (Glitch Mode Recordings)
* 2007 Transhuman 2.0 (Bit Riot Records / WTII / Glitch Mode Recordings)
* 2009 The Medication Generation (Bit Riot Records / WTII / Glitch Mode Recordings)
* 2003 Mutual Bonding Through Violation EP (Glitch Mode)
* 2006 Cyanotic vs Ad·ver·sary - Music for Jerks (Glitch Mode)
* 2008 Prehab 25mg-EP (Bit Riot Records / WTII / Glitch Mode)
* 2004 Acumen Nation - Artifacts: 1990-1993 (Glitch Mode Squad Mix)
* 2005 Various Artists - Darksonus Vol. 1
* 2005 Various Artists - Modern Destruction
* 2006 Chemlab - Rock Whore vs. Dance Floor (Our Glitch Mode Squad is Dangerous Mix)
* 2006 16 Volt - Various Artists - Hordes of The Elite (Glitch Bitch v1.0 Mix)
* 2006 Various Artists - Escape From Earth (Das Bomb Props Mix)
* 2007 Project 44 - Coup De'Tat - The System Reworked (Glitch Mode Soulja Mix)
* 2007 Rabbit Junk - S/T reissue (Glitch Mode Googles the Green Party Mix)
* 2007 Various Artists - The Virus Has Been Spread : A Tribute to Atari Teenage Riot
* 2007 Various Artists - Songs from the Hydrogen Bar : A Tribute to Chemlab
* 2007 Caustic vs Justin Matthew Mooney (Glitch Mode's Tape-age Rape-age Mix)
* 2007 See Colin Slash - Fish in a Bag Retrospective (Goth Topic Mix)
* 2007 Acumen Nation - Psycho the Rapist (additional programming on "Holy Terror")
* 2008 UCNX - Absolute Zero (O.O remix)
* 2008 Cyanotic Presents - Gears Gone Wild (remixes for 16 Volt, Rabbit Junk, Drukore and Cyanotic)
* 2009 Caustic - This Is Jizzcore (Glitch Mode Mix)
* 2009 The Gothsicles - Sega Lugosi's Dead (I Thought The CD Player Was Skipping but It Was Just a Cyanotic Song)