Artist Connections Cleaned Up

• Artist Connections Cleaned Up

I just purged a lot of artists from the connections, because I found that some artists weren't being added that were clearly Folk Noir, while others that were connected to the group didn't really fit in the genre. (As many of you know, Last.fm has a 200 artist limit on the number of connections a group can have, and that limit was reached here many months ago).

I'll be doing this again periodically, just to ensure that the connections are the best representation of the genre that they can be. If your group was one of the ones removed, sorry - it's nothing personal.

The upside of all this is that we now have some room to add more artists, after months and months of inactivity. If you have suggestions of artists to add you can post them here, but keep in mind I'm going to be a bit more ruthless about who gets added and who doesn't.

• thafranz disse...
    • Usuário
    • Set 16 2009, 9h51
    You sure Neil Young and Springsteen oughta stay connected? They may have some folk noir songs but somehow they don't fit in too well... or least not well enough to have em blocking other artists!

• They aren't blocking other artists, since we still have about 40+ open slots. Like I said, I'm going to be regularly purging so once we start running out of space again artists like them, Bill Callahan etc will be removed, but there's no need now.

And I would argue that Bruce Springsteen should be one of the last to go, because he's got a LOT of music that fits the genre quite well.

• I miss being a part of this connections list most of all

so I make a humble plea
    Michael Cardenas

you came with the dawn
Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.