Random Thoughts

• There are some that pay $1-3. Sometimes you can get lucky and find a good one. Best one I ever got was rewriting hotel descriptions for 2.50 a pop. Most of the $1+ ones are writing intensive though and usually not worth it.

Private Property is an idea, Vocaloid is a reality.
  • If someone's making money from journalism these days I'd really like to hear about it.

• thomas friedman

awois;fhISHFe
  • Rupert Murdoch (though we may have to widen the definition of journalism)

• tmills disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 26 2012, 11h00
    Fareed Zakaria

• rm508 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 26 2012, 11h02
    sharkeyanti said:
    thomas friedman

If there were ever a man worthy of the twat thread ...

• Big name columnists don't count, you smartarses. I stand by it, the industry doesn't pay anymore, and these companies that pay by the penny for content are a case in point.

• zorzynek disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 26 2012, 14h44
    Newspaper industry is doomed. There's no journalism on the Internet. There's only content. Time to move on.

• Just watched some Eurovision contest songs for the upcoming year. Never ceases to amaze/disturb me.

• generalmalaise said:
    Big name columnists don't count, you smartarses. I stand by it, the industry doesn't pay anymore, and these companies that pay by the penny for content are a case in point.

I don't think it ever really "payed," but certainly there is less to go around. That whole content thing is kind of disappointing because just about anyone with decent writing skills can do it, whereas I'd prefer someone with actual credentials. The fundamental value of journalism is information, and all that supply just makes the value of minimal. the bigger stories will basically need a government grant or philanthropist for funding, instead of subscribers. I'm glad the NYTimes lowered their free articles per month to 10. I've considered getting one of the smaller subscriptions, so I have to imagine someone with more money than me wouldn't be as hesitant. And yes, I'm well aware of the loophole thing for the website, but choose not to use it.

There is money in what we would call the news world (see: cable news channels), but very little appreciation of old-school journalistic styles. Granted, newspapers have been using unsavory methods to sell their product for over 100 years, now the captains of the industry have honed it to a science.

awois;fhISHFe
  • Am I the only guy who's ever considered that acting is kind of creepy? I mean, you're making yourself go through all these emotional acrobatics for the sake of entertaining some guy in front of his TV eating tortilla chips or something. I don't know if I could ever force myself to feel all these invented (for the lack of a better word) emotions for the sake of that.

Wait, there's a forum? Holy shit!
  • I am always acting this or that but I don't get paid for my histrionics. Acting for a living.

• rm508 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 10 2012, 10h48
    Briefly tempted by a job in Finland's only Swedish-speaking university. I can forsee problems, however.

• Paw_paw disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 10 2012, 21h52
    I'm so jealous.

Cause I'm a good girl.
    • rm508 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 10 2012, 22h24
    Oh I wasn't offered the job, I just saw an ad for it. And imagined myself, briefly, living in Turku.

• Paw_paw disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 10 2012, 23h12
    Oh, well Turku is great. They have a river and a castle. And cheep beer. Not so sure about the Finland-Sweeds tho.

Cause I'm a good girl.
  • From over here they sounds like pretty much the same thing.

That was then, this is dumb.
    • Rrah disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 14 2012, 22h23
    You're welcome anytime, Dr. Robbie.

(For the record: there's two Swedish speaking universities.)

• zorzynek disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 15 2012, 8h21
    Still can't believe how crappy new Sun Kil Moon is.

• Yeah, it's quite a drop.

• zorzynek disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 15 2012, 13h20
    Just lost my job. That was a bit unexpected.

• Shit. That's rough. Hang in there.

• rm508 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 15 2012, 14h39
    Oh no! Fucking dreadful. Sorry, m'friend.

• Sorry to hear that, Zorz.

• zorzynek disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mai 15 2012, 17h33
    Thanks for the support guys.

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.